liambrouillette

Interesting diagram

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

The flow diagram does not make much sense.  What's the bottom line?  if you throw plastic in the ocean you will get rid of seals?

2 hours ago, oc1 said:

The flow diagram does not make much sense.  What's the bottom line?  if you throw plastic in the ocean you will get rid of seals?

Shouldn't there then be a Great White shark at the end of that line?

I'm not much of a scientist, but read that mealworms are being used to break down plastics.  

Thought that was pretty interesting.    

Imagine everyone having a mealworm based plastic compost in their house or town.  

But sadly, most people really don't care. 

9 hours ago, oc1 said:

The point is that baitfish can't tell the difference between plankton and micro plastics and because of that the entire food chain is ingesting plastic 

Hope it wasn’t printed on a plastic based board ... totally agree with the sentiment but misses the mark without a solution IMO 

11 hours ago, liambrouillette said:

89958C22-0417-4486-9BB5-B4FC4F5913BB.jpeg.49c83f2f19198a98c65ae3278dbc2e5a.jpegfound this display pretty informative, I'm sure many on here already know this but just wanted to spread the message.  

Maybe it will wipe them seals out.

Sorry for the fish though.

HH

10 hours ago, oc1 said:

I wish it were more clear with arrows that the plastic people litter ends up back inside them after they eat the fish that ate it.

would be interesting to see a study of some sort that showed the magnitude of the impact. seems pretty unlikely to me this is a major problem but I could be wrong