Rate this topic

596 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Do you believe that the vaccine can be worse than the Rona?

Why bother in belief when we have facts and data?

Have people died from both the vaccine(s) and virus? Yes.

Does the vaccine make you immune? No 

Forget whether the vaccine is worse or not. I'm still wondering why it's necessary when it's a fact that:

It doesn't make you immune

You can still get the virus even if vaccinated and can still spread it

People who might not have died if they caught the virus have been killed by the vaccine.

Before I even consider a vaccine I want to see a list of ingredients. Do you realize how silly it is that we analyze food boxes to see what's in it yet no one asks for stuff being injected into their body? The same guy who would shelve a box of ramen because it has MSG will line up eagerly to get injected with God knows what.

Edited by occidentalist

23 mins ago, occidentalist said:

lol for those of you folks that have been here longer than me, is this person a child? or an intentional troll?

Here are quotes from 6 of his last 8 posts in this thread:

This guy is a real fount of knowledge. I don't know about anyone else but I've been swayed to abandon all my formerly held stances when subjected to a random internet stranger simply claiming anything he doesn't like is "bull****". Not since the adulterer and ex-stripper over at Snopes has there been a more trusted and respectable arbiter of truth. 

It's true. I have little tolerance for covid bull****. You want to learn something go read the thread I pointed out. 

5 mins ago, occidentalist said:

Why bother in belief when we have facts and data?

Yes 

Have people died from both the vaccine(s) and virus? Yes.

No to the former

Does the vaccine make you immune? No 

Yes

Forget whether the vaccine is worse or not. I'm still wondering why it's necessary when it's a fact that:

It doesn't make you immune

Wrong 

You can still get the virus even if vaccinated and can still spread it

Wrong

People who might not have died if they caught the virus have been killed by the vaccine.

Wrong. 

You're on a roll. I haven't seen anyone else hit the level of bull**** you have hit. Troll.

2 hours ago, occidentalist said:

Asymptomatic transmission has been proven false as per the CDC.

Really? You mean the same folks that said 40% of spread was from asymptomatic spread now say it's zero? Can you quote them? 

2 mins ago, Mike said:

It's true. I have little tolerance for covid bull****. You want to learn something go read the thread I pointed out. 

I'm gonna try your debate style:

"I'd go read it but every word out of your mouth is BS!"

Wow. It's much more fun than I thought! Thanks for the technique!

2 hours ago, occidentalist said:

It's just a therapeutic that supposedly will lessen the effects.

Wrong. That's three in three posts - "less deadly than the flu", "CDC say asymptomatic spread doesn't happen" and now covid vaccines are just therapeutics. You should edify yourself, sir :) 

2 hours ago, flyangler said:

Point is, you comment on the variants is not 100% true because it only works on variants whose proteins structures look very similar to those you were vaccinated with. Second and third level variants (variant squared or cubed) get further and further away from the original. 

Luckily, when they get further and further away from the original they stop being infectious or deadly because their spike protein no longer "fits" in the ACE2 receptor. There's a limited amount of 'variation' in the spike protein before it no longer can fit and bind in an ACE2 receptor...and unless it "fits" and binds there it's useless.

10 mins ago, occidentalist said:

Lol no one's died from the vaccine? 

holy crap. the bull**** quotes makes sense now. It's all projection!

Got a live one here LOL! Such a gift 

Posted (edited) · Report post

28 mins ago, TimS said:

Wrong. That's three in three posts - "less deadly than the flu", "CDC say asymptomatic spread doesn't happen" and now covid vaccines are just therapeutics. You should edify yourself, sir :) 

CDC article:

Quotes from the article:

In conclusion, our study suggests that asymptomatic cases are unlikely to contribute substantially to the spread of SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 cases should be detected and managed early to quarantine close contacts immediately and prevent presymptomatic transmissions.

WHO: "Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is very rare."

NYTimes article: The CDC walked back controversial comments made by it's director, Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, suggesting that people who are vaccinated against the coronavirus never become infected or transmit the virus to others.

“Dr. Walensky spoke broadly during this interview,” an agency spokesman told The Times. “It’s possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get Covid-19. The evidence isn’t clear whether they can spread the virus to others. We are continuing to evaluate the evidence.”

Look. I can explain this stuff to you guys but I can't understand it for you.

Edited by TimS
links

13 mins ago, occidentalist said:

Look. I can explain this stuff to you guys but I can't understand it for you.

You can't explain it or understand it :laugh:

Of course vaccinated people can still possibly catch it - have you ever heard of a vaccine that was 100% effective? No? That's because they don't exist. The mRNA vaccines are roughly 95% effective at preventing people from catching it or spreading it - that means roughly 5% of those vaccinated can still catch it or spread it - compared to the 100% of unvaccinated people that can catch it or spread it. Someone said "vaccinated people can't catch it or spread it" and assumed the idiots they were talking to understood they meant within the boundaries of the vaccines effectiveness. They had to "walk it back" to clarify what they assumed people would know - that the vaccines are about 95% effective.

Assuming people are armed with common sense is apparently quite dangerous.