FishinDVM

FREE Canoe, 18ft, Fiberglass

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had a big 18ft canoe that has sat in my corner back yard for a few years now. If anyone wants a project, come and get it. It has peeling paint and some green algae lookin stuff growin on part of it. I am no expert, but from what I see, looks like the fiberglass is all in good shape with no soft spots or anything like that. Should just be a pressure washer to blast off the old paint, and then whatever you smart people would coat/paint it with, and off you go. I am moving, so it needs to go. I am from FL, so I originally bought it when I moved here thinking I had freedom to just put it in any stream/lake I wanted to (yeah, not so much, thanks a lot to the "land of no"). But if any of you have local access, or land upstate, come take it. 

20210509_140233.jpg

20210509_160849.jpg

Edited by FishinDVM

It's hard for me to say for sure due to its awkwardness, which is what makes it difficult to lift more than anything else. I used to put it on and off of a chevy suburban roof by myself, but that was one side at a time. I just walked out and lifted it from the side... if I had to guess, I would say maybe 80lbs?

I am off this week fixing the house to sell while my wife does a job interview in FL... so I have a bunch of time that works... I just can't do the times I drop off kids and pick up from school... so I'm good anytime tonight... anytime tomorrow (except 8am to 930am and 230pm to 330pm)... anytime Wednesday except 830am to 930am, 1045am to noon, and 230pm to 430pm... anytime Thursday except 830am to 930am, and 230 pm til 330pm, same thing Friday... I'll PM you the address