Ravens52988

Old inlet surf tournament

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I'm surprised a 20" blue was caught.

I was talking about this with a buddy yesterday. I remember saying watch a kingfish win the tournament. 

Saw close to 100 skate and horshoe crabs caught. Hindsights 20/20 but if ida known that itd be real ****** this year and 2 fish caught by 2, ida had all of our rods set with kingfish rigs or gone for puffer or something(win with 15 of em)

Funny thing is the guy who caught the blue pulled his truck next to me and my dad and then they come along with the no truck fishing signs for people without trucks and ask him to move, he ends up moving 50 feet north.

Delaware (ocean side) was never awesome for me.  We caught fish don't get me wrong.  But I'm thoroughly convinced beach replenishment is a big part of the decline.  

2 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

But I'm thoroughly convinced beach replenishment is a big part of the decline.  

Gotta be some truth to that...

10 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

Only a 20" blue and a kingfish were scored when we asked one of the judges, AT 1:30, OUT OF 250+ participants. Wtf has the fishery become?

Were the 20" bluefish and kingfish the only fish caught or the only ones big enough to count?

The only productive place ever has been the north pocket and the hole north of that.

There use to be a good trout hole between the 2 that lasted 2 or 3 years. 

I think the big hole filled in years ago after a noreaster.

Fish were on there way north 2 weeks ago and the water temp dropped and they disappeared.

No big bluefish around either.  This is typically the weekend they show up.  I'll never forget the bluefish blitz on Mothers Days maybe 15 years ago.  Bluefish were literally swimming onto the beach chasing peanut bunker from the point at Henelopen down to Fenwick.  It was insane.

Few stripers to the south the last few days but thats been about it since the drum blitz 3 weeks ago.

Or we can just blame on it on the non fishing permit holders 

42 mins ago, Possum said:

Were the 20" bluefish and kingfish the only fish caught or the only ones big enough to count?

Maybe some other stuff caught but  he won the big buck with 20 points.   And 4th with 20 points.   So yep pretty much the only ones caught that qualify.

3 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Maybe some other stuff caught but  he won the big buck with 20 points.   And 4th with 20 points.   So yep pretty much the only ones caught that qualify.

Thanks SS
Congrats  to the winner.
I guess I'm wondering if more smaller bluefish were caught or if the 20 incher was a lost lone ranger.
1 bluefish caught and 250+ guys fishing in the same area getting nada bluefish would be  amazing luck.