Tired of this cold weather.

Rate this topic

jimmy1956

Yes I know nobody else gives a hoot. Was only 41 early this morning and only will be in the 50s this afternoon. Chilly rain yesterday and more of that chit this afternoon. Supposed to plant my potted tomato plants on Mother’s Day it a family tradition each year. Headed to the beach in a week sure hope things heat up dang it. :shrug: :banghd:

yeah my friend, it was a bit nippy this morning as it was other mornings this past month. It's a different season for sure. Every year i look for the Ct. river to flood, not in a bad way, but it is the turning point for this thing we do. 

I've yet to see the river at a high, high this year. I saw Wethersfield cove under the water, but not high, high like other years. Which has me thinking the water hasn't flowed down from the north or there will be no super flood stage this year. I'm opting for the latter since it's already May and the bass are in the river. :howdy:

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

7 mins ago, jimmy z said:

yeah my friend, it was a bit nippy this morning as it was other mornings this past month. It's a different season for sure. Every year i look for the Ct. river to flood, not in a bad way, but it is the turning point for this thing we do. 

I've yet to see the river at a high, high this year. I saw Wethersfield cove under the water, but not high, high like other years. Which has me thinking the water hasn't flowed down from the north or there will be no super flood stage this year. I'm opting for the latter since it's already May and the bass are in the river. :howdy:

I don't live in CT anymore (used to live in Simsbury and fish the upper CT) but I did go for almost a week to PA trout fishing and the water there was easily a foot or more below average for this time of year and everything has yet to really bloom. Weird so far.

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

I don't live in CT anymore (used to live in Simsbury and fish the upper CT) but I did go for almost a week to PA trout fishing and the water there was easily a foot or more below average for this time of year and everything has yet to really bloom. Weird so far.

Yeah, definitely weird. It's almost like somethings missing.:howdy:

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

3 mins ago, BLilly said:

We got a fire going last night to knock the chill in the house....I refuse to start the boiler back up this late in the season.

3 weeks ago I took the remaining cord of firewood off the deck and restacked it for next year out back.  And yes my wife needed a fire last night.

I got out of the pool yesterday and got a little chill with the wind blowing brrrr

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

34 mins ago, jimmy z said:

Yeah, definitely weird. It's almost like somethings missing.:howdy:

What's missing is water, either in the form of snow or rain although it seems like it was about average all fall and winter :lost:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

I would love it -- love it -- if it stayed like this all summer. Long, cool days, crisp nights, the outdoor waitresses at my corner taproom with nipples like the erasers on the end of a pencil... 

Bleep the heat. 

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

I got out of the pool yesterday and got a little chill with the wind blowing brrrr

Have a Bloody Mary, some conch fritters and eggs :)