SaltChaser

ZeeBaas

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Pretty sure there is no answer to this - Have reel on order for 2 months now. I absolutely had/have no expectation of receiving it yet as I know its typically 3 months+ from everything I have read. I ordered straight black - nothing fancy. Anyone who has a reel on order or has recently purchased and received their reel able to share their lead time? I haven't received any correspondence since day after 2nd 50% of the reel was paid.  

Third hand knowledge so take it with a grain of salt, but I was in a tackleshop two weeks ago and they said they went out of buisness.

i hope it’s not true

I think it’s unusual for them to take payment in advance. I had a hard time having them accept my payment in advance on my last new reel, but that was a while back. 

They have reel parts anodized in batches so the parts will match well. They don’t have bodies laying around waiting on build specs as they did a decade ago. 

I don’t know what their current wait time is on a new reel. If you are close enough to stop by their shop it will be a positive experience. Waiting is tough, even if you don’t “need” the reel now. I think you will be very happy when you get your new reel, and it will be worth the wait. 

Just now, Callmefish said:

Third hand knowledge so take it with a grain of salt, but I was in a tackleshop two weeks ago and they said they went out of buisness.

i hope it’s not true

Certainly not accurate. Pretty sad that people say that about a US manufacturer of high quality equipment. 

I talked to Ron P the owner last night about a part I need. He owns, and runs a few fishing companies from that shop. 3-Tand, Hanson Tackle and ZeeBaaS. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just now, ged said:

I think it’s unusual for them to take payment in advance. I had a hard time having them accept my payment in advance on my last new reel, but that was a while back. 

They have reel parts anodized in batches so the parts will match well. They don’t have bodies laying around waiting on build specs as they did a decade ago. 

I don’t know what their current wait time is on a new reel. If you are close enough to stop by their shop it will be a positive experience. Waiting is tough, even if you don’t “need” the reel now. I think you will be very happy when you get your new reel, and it will be worth the wait. 

After months of trying to contact them, Lenny I believe his name was reached out regarding the build and provided a proposal. Was told to make a deposit and they would start putting my parts aside (as long as I chose standard silver or black) and when final payment was made they would 'finalize' things. Ron did respond to my email, notifying them of final payment. We exchanged a few emails and radio silence since I asked for a rough estimate on build time. 

First payment was made in December 2020 - Final 50% paid 2 months ago almost to the day. 

$1124 for the build. 

Edited by SaltChaser

8 mins ago, ged said:

Certainly not accurate. Pretty sad that people say that about a US manufacturer of high quality equipment. 

I talked to Ron P the owner last night about a part I need. He owns, and runs a few fishing companies from that shop. 3-Tand, Hanson Tackle and ZeeBaaS. 

Thats good to hear and I didn’t believe what I heard. Which is why I wrote it the way i did

7 mins ago, Callmefish said:

Thats good to hear and I didn’t believe what I heard. Which is why I wrote it the way i did

I don’t think you were disrespectful in your post, the tackle shop is who should be careful saying things like this. 

16 mins ago, SaltChaser said:

After months of trying to contact them, Lenny I believe his name was reached out regarding the build and provided a proposal. Was told to make a deposit and they would start putting my parts aside (as long as I chose standard silver or black) and when final payment was made they would 'finalize' things. Ron did respond to my email, notifying them of final payment. We exchanged a few emails and radio silence since I asked for a rough estimate on build time. 

First payment was made in December 2020 - Final 50% paid 2 months ago almost to the day. 

$1124 for the build. 

Sorry to hear that. I understand your concern. I have stopped by their shop a few times since covid. I haven’t seen Devin, and I think I saw Lenny once. I know they had to stagger shifts initially for covid. I don’t know what they are doing now. 

Just now, ged said:

Sorry to hear that. I understand your concern. I have stopped by their shop a few times since covid. I haven’t seen Devin, and I think I saw Lenny once. I know they had to stagger shifts initially for covid. I don’t know what they are doing now. 

They also had you pay your most recent reel prior to beginning your build?? 

I have seen you're the ZB expert around here so your response was much appreciated. I'm down on the SS of LI so making the trip up there is a pain with my limited schedule. I will try reaching out this coming week. 

19 mins ago, SaltChaser said:

They also had you pay your most recent reel prior to beginning your build?? 

I have seen you're the ZB expert around here so your response was much appreciated. I'm down on the SS of LI so making the trip up there is a pain with my limited schedule. I will try reaching out this coming week. 

I pre-paid, but they didn’t want to take my $. I insisted on them charging. I have a bunch of reels and no urgency. Actually, I still haven’t even fished that particular reel. 

2 hours ago, Callmefish said:

i hope it’s not true

Welcome to the Internet, where third hand knowledge reigns supreme. 

I also just talked to Ron via phone on Thursday night. They are very much still in business. 

Ordered mine in Mid November.  Custom zx25, although I don’t believe custom adds extra time - it’s just about waiting your turn.  Was also never given an estimate on delivery date.  I was told to pay at whatever schedule I wanted as they use quickbooks and you can make a bunch of tiny payment if that’s easier to stomach.  Total is obviously due before shipping.  

I don’t have my reel yet and don’t have an estimate on when it’ll be completed.  Can’t wait though. 

7 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Ordered mine in Mid November.  Custom zx25, although I don’t believe custom adds extra time - it’s just about waiting your turn.  Was also never given an estimate on delivery date.  I was told to pay at whatever schedule I wanted as they use quickbooks and you can make a bunch of tiny payment if that’s easier to stomach.  Total is obviously due before shipping.  

I don’t have my reel yet and don’t have an estimate on when it’ll be completed.  Can’t wait though. 

Yeah, just did custom ODM Evolution built for this reel and waiting for the ZB (no custom colors) already paid in full for a few months. My other un-sealed reels love me this spring. Not the same beating as the fall but definitely looking forward to having the proper gear that can take what I throw at it. Hoping for an update at some point with a months window - give or take. 

12 mins ago, SaltChaser said:

Yeah, just did custom ODM Evolution built for this reel and waiting for the ZB (no custom colors) already paid in full for a few months. My other un-sealed reels love me this spring. Not the same beating as the fall but definitely looking forward to having the proper gear that can take what I throw at it. Hoping for an update at some point with a months window - give or take. 

Good luck, it seems some are able to get a response 100% of the time, and others get a response 0% of the time.  I bet you can tell which group I’m in lol