flyangler

Could Biden bump Carter from top of the list?

Rate this topic

128 posts in this topic

Just now, Rickman said:

I bet it get revised way up,  around 4am one morning. They will suddenly find a half million they missed.

We never seen that one before...

30 mins ago, Rickman said:

Yeah, because 9/11 had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

9/11 had absolutely nothing to do with the financial collapse

14 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Dubya's trickle up tax cuts and massive government spending including Medicare Part 2, the TSA, HSA, the Patriot Act, airport scanners, etc are why he created his massive deficits then doubled the national debt. On top of that the Afghan and Iraq wars were also paid for with the U.S.'s credit cards. There was absolutely no reason to go to war with Iraq. We could have save trillions (and going related costs) if we didn't needlessly go to war with Iraq.

Fully agree Zak. More reasons he was the worst President of my lifetime, and possibly ever. And no matter what he claimed, he was no conservative.

6 mins ago, dena said:

Then why the huge job numbers miss, and an Unexpected downward revision?

FIFY.  Get used to that exact phrasing "Unexpected Downward Revision", just like the 2020 election coup..."unexpected". You'll be hearing and reading those exact words "unexpected downward revision" every quarter for the next 4 years, just like we heard it every quarter under Obama. Quarterly/Monthly [Jobs, Economic, GDP numbers] will be reported and touted for weeks, followed by "Unexpected Downward Revision...", which will get less than 1/10th of the airplay/print that the original phony inflated numbers will. That's how these lying leftist tumors get away with touting the Obamaconomy...all based on lies. You'll see, Q2's numbers coming in June and expect the "Unexpected" a few weeks later.

2 hours ago, flyangler said:

You are saying that somehow Carter had a crystal ball which could tell him way in advance how bad Volker would have to make thing so that Carter could hire Volker bravely? 

Yes, and the Iranian hostage crisis and Carter's general impotence in foreign policy and world affairs and the loss of American prestige in the world had nothing to do with his failed reelection. 

-He did pick the right guy, didn't he?

-The raid to rescue the hostages never had a chance because of the dust storms the choppers encountered. That wasn't Jimmy's fault, but he took responsibility for the failed raid.

27 mins ago, dena said:

Then why the huge job numbers miss, and a downward revision?

People want that UI gravy train to keep rolling. My eyes don't deceive me. EVERYBODY is hiring.

12 mins ago, RockRonin said:

FIFY.  Get used to that exact phrasing "Unexpected Downward Revision", just like the 2020 election coup..."unexpected". You'll be hearing and reading those exact words "unexpected downward revision" every quarter for the next 4 years, just like we heard it every quarter under Obama. Quarterly/Monthly [Jobs, Economic, GDP numbers] will be reported and touted for weeks, followed by "Unexpected Downward Revision...", which will get less than 1/10th of the airplay/print that the original phony inflated numbers will. That's how these lying leftist tumors get away with touting the Obamaconomy...all based on lies. You'll see, Q2's numbers coming in June and expect the "Unexpected" a few weeks later.

Totally delusional, but not at all surprising.

2 hours ago, Gamakatsu said:

We are having the best start to a year in the history of the company I work at. Real estate values are increasing. EVERYBODY is hiring. Stock market is at a record. Covid case count is imploding. Airlines expect to have all their fleets up and running by the end of the summer. Hotel reservations are exploding.

It has to suck being a Trumpian right now and trying to dig for something, anything, negative to bitterly cling to. What a miserable way to go through life.

So are you implying that the current boom is because of Biden taking office ? 

9 mins ago, sell_fish said:

I am stating that the economy is firing on all cylinders. Bitter clingers will harp over a weak jobs report. My eyes don't deceive me, things are cranking.

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 mins ago, sell_fish said:

Yep......that’s what he’s implying.......but he’s no idiot, at least I think.  He’s knows damn well it took trumps economic foundation to get where we’re at.  And really....Biden’s Administration STILL is f**king this up.  There are over 7.4 million jobs available in the U.S., they were suppose to hit the 1 million job mark in this latest report.....and they only hit 266k !!!  How stupid can Biden be??  He’s been an idiot since setting foot in Washington!!  You can’t keep giving people stimulus money on top of unemployment when the job market is waiting ..... WAITING!!

Edited by yogiiiboy

1 hour ago, Gamakatsu said:

I'm living in reality. Trumpians need something negative to cling to in positive times. Things are rocking out there for anybody who wants to work.

So the latest jobs report tells us that only 266,000 people wanted to work. The other several million want that government cheese to stay home. 

The nice thing right now is if I choose to leave my current employer the top selling point on my resume is that I remained working through the shutdown. It shows that I am more reliable and have a stronger work ethic than all of those who are sitting around on unemployment. Employers will hire almost anyone right now because they are desperate. But top positions will still be screened, those on unemployment for 13 months are not going to be getting those nice management or executive positions. 

3 mins ago, ihocky2 said:

So the latest jobs report tells us that only 266,000 people wanted to work. The other several million want that government cheese to stay home. 

The nice thing right now is if I choose to leave my current employer the top selling point on my resume is that I remained working through the shutdown. It shows that I am more reliable and have a stronger work ethic than all of those who are sitting around on unemployment. Employers will hire almost anyone right now because they are desperate. But top positions will still be screened, those on unemployment for 13 months are not going to be getting those nice management or executive positions. 

I totally agree and likewise, never collected a penny of UI during the pandemic or at any point in my life.

Anybody not working now is doing so by choice.

Just now, Gamakatsu said:

I totally agree and likewise, never collected a penny of UI during the pandemic or at any point in my life.

Anybody not working now is doing so by choice.

I can't say so for my entire life, but only used it to support my family until I could get back to work. It was never free money to stay home.

Right now I would rather see the jobs go to the immigrants coming across the border than those sitting at home collecting off my taxes. At least most of the immigrants are coming here for a better life and would be happy to have a job. I would even make a trade, 1:1 for fresh immigrants willing to work in return for government freeloaders. My employer can't hire fast enough right now. With the amount of people on unemployment they should be lined up out the door, instead we get 1 or 2 interviews a week from a temp agency.