DAQ

Baseball to the side of the head, what would you do?

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Well that sucked. Yesterday at HS baseball and my kid hit a rocket, flush into the head of the third baseman. An absolutely sickening sound of ball meeting head. The kid didn't lose consciousness but he was down for over 5 minutes. Mothers were bawling the kids were freaked out specially mine. They finally get the kid up and they need to help him off the field.  

Odd thing, they just tossed him in the dugout until the end of the game. I'm surprised, with all the worry about head injuries in kids sports, that they didn't call a bus or at least have someone take him to get checked out. 

I'm sure the trainer was there doing concussion protocol, but yeah, you would figure the mother would have wigged out and taken him. 

My wife was all freaked out when the Golden Child took one off the face during I/O, breaking his nose.  I got the call on the way back from a seminar, an hour away.  She wants to take him to the ER for a broken nose.  Simmer down hun, I'll be home soon. :rolleyes: 

13 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I'm sure the trainer was there doing concussion protocol, but yeah, you would figure the mother would have wigged out and taken him. 

My wife was all freaked out when the Golden Child took one off the face during I/O, breaking his nose.  I got the call on the way back from a seminar, an hour away.  She wants to take him to the ER for a broken nose.  Simmer down hun, I'll be home soon. :rolleyes: 

Trainer? We don't need no stinkin' trainer! No trainers at these games. A coach from each team huddled over the kid and evaluated him, then tossed him in the dugout. Maybe one of them has the necessary training.

4 mins ago, DAQ said:

Trainer? We don't need no stinkin' trainer! No trainers at these games.

No trainer?  Do you live in the woods?  Yeah, that's not good.  Based in your description somebody needed to check that kid out.. 

Our games always had a trainer and the the athletic director on site in a golf cart with walkie talkies.  I can't think of ny HS game without a trainer present.

Times have changed. We’d have to get told, or tell the guy what he had to do on this play because he was so scrambled. 

I remember a college game where the other teams fullback jumped out of the back of an ambulance and ran back to his side line :laugh:

I'm not one of those wringing his hands over how times have changed and all that crap.  Some of the things we did, and were done to us as student youth athletes were downright stupid.  In this regard I'm glad some things have changed. 

4 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I'm not one of those wringing his hands over how times have changed and all that crap.  Some of the things we did, and were done to us as student youth athletes were downright stupid.  In this regard I'm glad some things have changed. 

Absolutely. 

what were we talking about again?