codfish

Help Wanted signs everywhere it's getting ridiculous

Rate this topic

195 posts in this topic

I see some pols blaming the lack of workers on the foreign visa program.  

What a crock. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, codfish said:

"Taking money from a man that earned it by the threat of, or use of force-and giving it to a man that did not earn it. is always wrong, and it is never ever right". Food for thought:) thanks for sharing:) but some things don't add up I get that the price of boat trailers jumped 35 percent, but why does my neighbors house increase by $75,000 in two months?? What is going on??

Low interest rates on mortgages. 

Accumulated cash from pandemic savings

Need to buy NOW for some reason

Desire to sell existing house before cap gains rates rise (assuming no retroactive start date). 

FOMO

Edited by flyangler

4 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

"Anyone here notice their tax bill going up?"

My tax bill always goes up.

Oh wait, it actually went down when Trump was President.

I'd be willing to bet, once states slam the door on unemployment benefits, people start going after disability, claiming psychological trauma due to the pandemic.

9 hours ago, stormy monday said:

What benefits is he offering? When software developers were hard to get not that long ago we were giving signing bonuses, stock options and even paid sabatticals to attract talent. HR was giving us training on why we need to put in ping pong tables and bean bag chairs fercripessakes. And those who did it got the talent. A lot of the kids I know have taken to the gig economy because they don't like the options presented - they're working and collecting would not pay their rent and food, but they figure if they're going to get crap pay and no benefits they might as well have flexibility. You often hear that there is no God given right to a living wage, and that is true. However there is also no God given right to cheap labor. Employers need to figure out what it will take to attract workers and do it - adapt or die. And if their business model can't support that maybe their business wasn't that feasible to begin with.

"However there is also no God given right to cheap labor." well said:)

8 hours ago, DZ said:

I see some pols blaming the lack of workers on the foreign visa program.  

What a crock. 

Come to Eastham on Cape Cod and you will think differently :):)

8 hours ago, DoOver said:

f63d4f20a746c73e.jpeg

It's true the Trump administration did this, but to be fair Treas. Secretary, Steve Mnuchin asked people to send it back.

9 hours ago, flyangler said:

Low interest rates on mortgages. 

Accumulated cash from pandemic savings

Need to buy NOW for some reason

Desire to sell existing house before cap gains rates rise (assuming no retroactive start date). 

FOMO

Historically low rates of inventory of homes for sale is the true driver in the rise of prices.  Coupled with the reasons you give above, especially interest rates.  High demand, low supply.

6 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

Historically low rates of inventory of homes for sale is the true driver in the rise of prices.  Coupled with the reasons you give above, especially interest rates.  High demand, low supply.

Yes, the number one reason. 

11 hours ago, DoOver said:

A one room open type log type cabin with a well and septic, on 11 acres, near me in the Catskills of NY, sold last year for $110K, listed this spring $235k.

Sold in 30 days for $275K to a single young girl from NJ driving a Subaru.

Sounds like another liberal to pollute paradise.