Mokes

Define Freedom.....

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Tell me what "Freedom" means to you. The main tenets that you hold most valuable. You "Progressives" are who I'm most interested in. I need to understand you. You're a mystery to me. 

The opposable thumb and big brain usually gets the credit for the success of the species. Our ability to organize around social structures may be more significant. This means we are always trying to control each other and define what is acceptable and what is not. You see it here, daily. 

There is always tension between the freedom of the individual, sub-groups, and the greater society. 

Were you against gay marriage? Legal pot? Open carry? 

Does freedom only apply to speech, guns, taxes, and government regulation?

Whatever floats your boat, as long as it doesn’t sink mine, or harm an innocent. 

I’ll answer this candidly. I came to this country at a very young age. I have since become a citizen and after visiting my home country I have come to realize that for me, freedom is simply being able to live quietly and in peace. That really is it.

4 hours ago, BassRashThumb said:

The opposable thumb and big brain usually gets the credit for the success of the species. Our ability to organize around social structures may be more significant. This means we are always trying to control each other and define what is acceptable and what is not. You see it here, daily. 

There is always tension between the freedom of the individual, sub-groups, and the greater society. 

Were you against gay marriage? Legal pot? Open carry? 

Does freedom only apply to speech, guns, taxes, and government regulation?

Whatever floats your boat, as long as it doesn’t sink mine, or harm an innocent. 

I'm pro gay marriage, legal pot and open carry. That's freedom. I'm for freedom. I'm on record saying as much.