squidder 329

Z-Man DoormatadorZ Saltwater

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Saw these advertised in the OTW magazine, scented and supposedly tougher than Gulp. I tried two BT's local to me and they didn't carry them. Did an online search and Dick's carries them, one review with a one star rating and no justification for the rating. Anyone have experience with them as far as durability?

I picked up a package to try at SWE. Haven't been out to try them yet. Hope they work and are more durable than gulp.

I was reading Zman is oil based scent, hopefully that means they are absorbent. I think after a couple drops in the deep I'll put them in Gulp juice and see what happens.

Definitely under fishes Gulp and definitely far more durable than Gulp. Good for sea bass, sea bass don't care. If you are running low on gulps, one of these on the bucktail and gulp on the teaser.

11 hours ago, Inshore said:

ZMan elaztech plastic is almost indestructible....

I fish with it from time to time....

4AE6CFD4-1E22-489B-9782-318CC78F5507.jpeg.f68b82890eebd3a46fd1a5ca032706d0.jpeg

You should stock up - since they are almost indestructible. :howdy:

used both, I find the Zman is much more durable but the jury is out for effectiveness, I mean they catch fish, I caught fluke, sea bass, Robins, skates, blues and bass on them. Just havent really done a head to head test with gulp. But if its makes a difference, I use Zman before gulp for the specific reason of them being more durable. I almost feel like the Gulp is purposely manufactured to be cheap and they are well aware the tails get bit off real quick.

Ive been happy with them up to this point.

21 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

I was reading Zman is oil based scent, hopefully that means they are absorbent. I think after a couple drops in the deep I'll put them in Gulp juice and see what happens.

Super absorbing... pro cure only last a little while on them before you have to reapply. Sucks it right up

14 hours ago, hhager23 said:

You should stock up

Na, that’s almost 30 different types of baits in over 40 different colors, I think I’m good... for now... :p

30 different types? I use maybe 3 types in different lengths so I guess that's maybe 11. What do you use besides the diesels ?