Trump refunds $122 million; FEC asks Congress to ban pre-checked boxes

Rate this topic

MaxKatt

Now that Trump has refunded $122,000,000 he bilked from his own donors, the FEC is trying to shut down the practice. 

=================

The Times investigation showed how the Trump operation, facing a cash crunch last fall, had deployed prechecked boxes to enroll every donor in weekly withdrawals — unless they unchecked the box. Then the Trump operation made the disclaimer that disclosed that fact increasingly opaque with extraneous text. The Trump operation also prechecked a second box, known as a “money bomb,” that doubled a person’s contribution.

Demands for refunds soared and credit card companies experienced a surge of fraud complaints, the investigation found.

All told, the Trump operation had to refund more than $122 million to online supporters, 10.7 percent of what it had raised in 2020.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.04.08 PM.png

Cool. I'm good with that. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

Just now, MaxKatt said:

Me too.  I also hope some of those who clawed back the $122M also came to their senses.  

Ok. Whatever. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

5 hours ago, Mokes said:

Ok. Whatever. 

I think I get you now.  Your like that other guy who's name escapes me.  You don't really stand for anything.  You're really valueless.  You just exist to agitate Progressives because... you're dysfunctional?  

3 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

I think I get you now.  Your like that other guy who's name escapes me.  You don't really stand for anything.  You're really valueless.  You just exist to agitate Progressives because... you're dysfunctional?  

No. I hate Progressives. They're spineless. They aren't independent. They aren't tough. I would never take one on in my group in a SHTF scenario ever. 

You don't "get me". You never will, nor many others here who actually understand history and what REAL FREEDOM means and what it takes to keep it. 

Max.....you're a weasel. A worm. I'm sorry, but I could never be a friend to you. Ever. I'll never have your back. That should bother you, but it won't. You'll be never get it. You're subservient. You're born to serve. You'll never be a King. 

-Numbnuts

19 mins ago, Mokes said:

No. I hate Progressives. They're spineless. They aren't independent. They aren't tough. I would never take one on in my group in a SHTF scenario ever. 

You don't "get me". You never will, nor many others here who actually understand history and what REAL FREEDOM means and what it takes to keep it. 

Max.....you're a weasel. A worm. I'm sorry, but I could never be a friend to you. Ever. I'll never have your back. That should bother you, but it won't. You'll be never get it. You're subservient. You're born to serve. You'll never be a King. 

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He needs to hear it. He won't get it. He's a movie character. He's the guy who runs from a killer and trips. 

-Numbnuts

5 mins ago, Mokes said:

He needs to hear it. He won't get it. He's a movie character. He's the guy who runs from a killer and trips. 

No doubt...... maybe he can sit back, analyze what you said and find some truth in it.... The world is getting dangerous and he’s on the wrong side of it....

19 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

main-qimg-074c0b3360bde0b45ec634a891e03caa