OhZirwin

How to tell if the akios 651 csm I ordered has dual antireverse

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

How do I tell if the akios 651 csm has dual antireverse? My understanding is the older ones didnt have anti reverse dog. I recently ordered from ninja tackle.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, OhZirwin said:

How do I tell if the akios 651 csm has dual antireverse? My understanding is the older ones didnt have anti reverse dog. I recently ordered from ninja tackle.

You have two choices, you can email them and ask them directly or take off the side plate cover and look.

I like having the backup anti reverse.

When it comes to Omoto products the original person that places the order for the reels has the option for having both or just one.

I have two Omoto Chief 7000 and an Omoto wavecaster 6000(rebadged chief)all are CSM's and only one has both.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

Ok thanks was hoping there a difference in side plate color or something that would determine which one. Hopefully when it arrives it will be the dual antireverse one!

If it doesn't have the dual A/R and the brake plate has the dog stem, then just add an A/R dog. :howdy: 

If memory serves correct, the first Akios reels came with an IAR bearing and no anti-reverse pawl/dog.

The anti-reverse dog was to guard against a failure of the IAR bearing.

If you do not have an anti-reverse dog, you probably have an IAR bearing that was made in Germany and reported to have a high carbon content.

I believe Akios corrected both issues.

The below picture is of a Chief 6000 CTM right hand reel. The arrow indicates the pin for the pawl/dog (if installed).

Anti_Reverse.jpg.b63322db94422c495cda64b4e7259436.jpg

Edited by Don B

I just got the reel it has the dual antireverse but it has the old 2 pin centrifugal break. I thought its supposed to have 6 pin? Hopefully this doesnt have the older faulty drags.

Edited by OhZirwin

13 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

It's a CSM, with some practice, you wont need the centrifugal brake anyway.

The 6 block centrifugal brakes has great air brakes.

Today I caught my first two fish on this reel. Unfortunately when I was bringing in a large bluefish my 50lb power pro was digging into itself. Im wondering if maybe its because I didnt use a machine to spool the line tight? I did it myself by hand.

51 mins ago, OhZirwin said:

Today I caught my first two fish on this reel. Unfortunately when I was bringing in a large bluefish my 50lb power pro was digging into itself. Im wondering if maybe its because I didnt use a machine to spool the line tight? I did it myself by hand.

Yes. If the braid isn’t spooled tight enough it will dig in.