MaxKatt

Guiliani going bankrupt, mass layoff, time to rat...

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BrianBM said:

It is sad.  He's one of the various lawyers who seem to have come totally unglued in Trump's service. Lin Wood did fine work in Richard Jewell's case, now he's trying to avoid a competency hearing. Sidney Powell is reduced to claiming that no sober adult would ever have taken her claims of conspiracies and rigged Dominion machines seriously. Rudy has freaked out.

The common denominator?  Former president?  That guy turned everything he touched to crap

3 hours ago, Mummichog said:
3 hours ago, Mummichog said:

If he was a leftist, everything would be just fine?  

If he was a leftist, everything would be just fine?  

No, he'd still be a sad train wreck.

1 hour ago, KnewBee said:

The common denominator?  Former president?  That guy turned everything he touched to crap

Now Trump made Rudy do it lol? Come on. 

2 mins ago, dwyak said:

Maybe Borat can help him out with another starring role.  

Maybe you'll feel better once you libs get your pound of flesh. Probably not. I recommend trying sex. It's relaxing after. Good for the mood. 

Girls. You remember girls right? Maybe?

29 mins ago, Mokes said:

Maybe you'll feel better once you libs get your pound of flesh. Probably not. I recommend trying sex. It's relaxing after. Good for the mood. 

Doubtful 

3 hours ago, SB59 said:

Revisionist history. The man was always an imbecile. 

Preparedness before the attacks
Location of Office of Emergency Management headquarters
In September 2006, Village Voice writer and long-time Giuliani critic Wayne Barrett and Dan Collins, a senior producer for CBSNews.com, published The Grand Illusion: The Untold Story of Rudy Giuliani and 9/11,[1] one of the strongest reassessments of Giuliani's role in the events of 9/11. The book highlights his decision to locate the NYC Office of Emergency Management headquarters (long-identified as a target for a terrorist attack) on the 23rd floor inside the 7 World Trade Center building, a decision that had been criticized at the time in light of the previous terrorist attack against the World Trade Center in 1993.[2][3]

The Office of Emergency Management was created to coordinate efforts between police and firefighters, but with the distraction of evacuating its headquarters, it was not able to conduct these efforts properly 

Radio communications
Main article: September 11, 2001 radio communications
The 9/11 Commission noted in its report that lack of preparedness could have led to the deaths of first responders at the scene of the attacks. The Commission noted that the radios in use by the fire department were the same radios which had been criticized for their ineffectiveness following the 1993 World Trade Center bombings. Giuliani testified to the Commission, where some family members of responders who had died in the attacks appeared to protest his statements.[11] A 1994 mayoral office study of the radios indicated that they were faulty. Replacement radios were purchased in a no-bid contract. They were implemented in early 2001. However, in March 2001 the replacement radios were found to be faulty as well.[12]

Fire Department chiefs issued orders for the firefighters to evacuate. However, the order was issued over the radios that were not working in the towers, thus, the 343 firefighters inside the Twin Towers could not hear the evacuation order. They remained in the towers as the towers collapsed.[13][14] However, when Giuliani testified before the 9/11 Commission he said that the firefighters ignored the evacuation order out of an effort to save lives.[15][16]

Also criticized was Giuliani's focus on personal projects and turf wars rather than vital precautions for the city, and his role in communications failures (which may have been the result of patronage deals inside City Hall).

I appreciate that.  I was young at the time, and not too politically aware.

I certainly remember in hindsight the poor choice of emergency command center.

While he was there, the biggest issue I remember having an issue with was the mean spirited squeegee guy effort.

I suppose also the "clean-up" of Times Square area which I enjoyed and felt a bit of the soul of he city was being lost by the sterilization...but...it seemed like progress, and probably was good.  Although...it was another step in making the city a place that only millionaires can afford to live anymore.

Anyway, that was my experience.  I had generally positive feelings for Rudy...as ill informed as they may have been...and can't believe what I'm seeing now.

9 hours ago, Mokes said:

Thank you Dr. Mokes.  I am a little surprised you are recommending girls, given the usual macho man circle jerks you usually participate in here with the other knuckle draggers.  

Putting the command center within a prime target location (already attacked once, by Sheikh Ahmed and his basement bomb) was stupid, but nonetheless his leadership in the aftermath of 9/11 was calming, stabilizing and altogether admirable.