Belmo

My Three Meat Sticks

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Well, two meat sticks and a pencil popping plugging rod. All surf. :beers:

 

I managed to score these on Fleabay: they were new in package, but old, built in about 2004, as far as I can tell. Left to right, it's the BSB1606M, BSB136M, and BSB1604M. All are fiberglass, they are 13'6", 11'6", and 13'6", respectively. They our all one-piece, which will make transporting them fun, fun fun! I plan on building them with a quadruple spiral, and pairing them all with Zebco 808 reels. The 1606 is the heaviest blank I think I've ever fondled -- it's rated 12-20 ounces, stout enough to cast Terri's head and a whole bunker. I like it! :howdy:

I can't wait to thrill you with the progress of the three builds. This will be great! :hugs:

20210507_073941.jpg

20210507_073930.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some serious chunking/pole vaulting sticks there :th: I’ve got a couple 4M blanks, they make great chunking rods...no idea what a 6M is like :eek: 

 

You got them on the bay...and they were delivered? How much did shipping cost? :scared: It’s hard to find anyone that will deliver a 9’ one piece rod...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, TimS said:

You got them on the bay...and they were delivered? How much did shipping cost? :scared: It’s hard to find anyone that will deliver a 9’ one piece rod...

I got 'em relatively cheap because of shipping - they were in Jersey, and I went and picked them up.

 

I also learned something important: I never knew how long a one-piece rod I could fit in my Suburban. Now I know it's 13'6" -- the long blanks fit, just barely, but they made it. I'm glad I scored these, because nobody, not even Lami, is making blanks like this any more. The shipping deal has killed them.

Edited by Belmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wanna weigh the 1606. It's noticeably heavier than even the 1604, which is a pretty hefty blank. I bet the 1606 weighs 2 or even 3 pounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you gonna single or double rig those outriggers for your beach cart?  Perhaps paint one green and pioneer the first ever beach cart green stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Are you gonna single or double rig those outriggers for your beach cart?  Perhaps paint one green and pioneer the first ever beach cart green stick.

A greenstick for the surf! :idea:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The use of space-age materials keeps the overall weight down. This is light as a feather. :th:

 

I don't think I've ever handled a blank that weighs two pounds and five ounces. It will weigh less after I cut it, but it's still a behemoth. 

20210507_080746.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

136 3M was my pencil popping stick for a long time, cut foot and a half off the bottom I think. Could launch a 3oz lex further than anyone on the beach with that thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IsmailG said:

136 3M was my pencil popping stick for a long time, cut foot and a half off the bottom I think. Could launch a 3oz lex further than anyone on the beach with that thing. 

I'm going to leave that one its full length. I like a longer stick for popping. 


The other two are going to be cut, but I'm not sure how much. I'll figure it out when I get the reel seats and start monkeying around with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Belmo said:

I'm going to leave that one its full length. I like a longer stick for popping. 


The other two are going to be cut, but I'm not sure how much. I'll figure it out when I get the reel seats and start monkeying around with them.

Sure fire way to get Popeye forearms :shaky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

42 mins ago, Mike said:

I'll put a reminder on my calendar to check back in 2024

Optimism is encouraged :th:

 

I'll take the over :howdy:

 

 

Edited by MitchellNJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They kind of remind me of the old fiberglass CB antenna's we put on our 4x4's back in the pre-cell phone era... if anyone is old enough to remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.