Belmo

My Three Meat Sticks

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Well, two meat sticks and a pencil popping plugging rod. All surf. :beers:

I managed to score these on Fleabay: they were new in package, but old, built in about 2004, as far as I can tell. Left to right, it's the BSB1606M, BSB136M, and BSB1604M. All are fiberglass, they are 13'6", 11'6", and 13'6", respectively. They our all one-piece, which will make transporting them fun, fun fun! I plan on building them with a quadruple spiral, and pairing them all with Zebco 808 reels. The 1606 is the heaviest blank I think I've ever fondled -- it's rated 12-20 ounces, stout enough to cast Terri's head and a whole bunker. I like it! :howdy:

I can't wait to thrill you with the progress of the three builds. This will be great! :hugs:

20210507_073941.jpg

20210507_073930.jpg

Some serious chunking/pole vaulting sticks there :th: I’ve got a couple 4M blanks, they make great chunking rods...no idea what a 6M is like :eek: 

You got them on the bay...and they were delivered? How much did shipping cost? :scared: It’s hard to find anyone that will deliver a 9’ one piece rod...

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, TimS said:

You got them on the bay...and they were delivered? How much did shipping cost? :scared: It’s hard to find anyone that will deliver a 9’ one piece rod...

I got 'em relatively cheap because of shipping - they were in Jersey, and I went and picked them up.

I also learned something important: I never knew how long a one-piece rod I could fit in my Suburban. Now I know it's 13'6" -- the long blanks fit, just barely, but they made it. I'm glad I scored these, because nobody, not even Lami, is making blanks like this any more. The shipping deal has killed them.

Edited by Belmo

I also wanna weigh the 1606. It's noticeably heavier than even the 1604, which is a pretty hefty blank. I bet the 1606 weighs 2 or even 3 pounds. 

Are you gonna single or double rig those outriggers for your beach cart?  Perhaps paint one green and pioneer the first ever beach cart green stick.

5 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Are you gonna single or double rig those outriggers for your beach cart?  Perhaps paint one green and pioneer the first ever beach cart green stick.

A greenstick for the surf! :idea:

The use of space-age materials keeps the overall weight down. This is light as a feather. :th:

I don't think I've ever handled a blank that weighs two pounds and five ounces. It will weigh less after I cut it, but it's still a behemoth. 

20210507_080746.jpg

136 3M was my pencil popping stick for a long time, cut foot and a half off the bottom I think. Could launch a 3oz lex further than anyone on the beach with that thing. 

Just now, IsmailG said:

136 3M was my pencil popping stick for a long time, cut foot and a half off the bottom I think. Could launch a 3oz lex further than anyone on the beach with that thing. 

I'm going to leave that one its full length. I like a longer stick for popping. 

The other two are going to be cut, but I'm not sure how much. I'll figure it out when I get the reel seats and start monkeying around with them.

Just now, Belmo said:

I'm going to leave that one its full length. I like a longer stick for popping. 

The other two are going to be cut, but I'm not sure how much. I'll figure it out when I get the reel seats and start monkeying around with them.

Sure fire way to get Popeye forearms :shaky:

Posted (edited) · Report post

42 mins ago, Mike said:

I'll put a reminder on my calendar to check back in 2024

Optimism is encouraged :th:

I'll take the over :howdy:

Edited by MitchellNJ

They kind of remind me of the old fiberglass CB antenna's we put on our 4x4's back in the pre-cell phone era... if anyone is old enough to remember.