cashews121

Best Mono

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Just curious what you guys think are some of the better mono lines out there...I don’t do any distance competitions,just chucking bait. 

I have been using the pro spec chrome for a few yrs now, very happy with it.  If you can get the suffix tritanium in gold that was an excellent line.  A lot depends what your priorities are.  

Berkley Pro Spec Chrome is good stuff.  A little annoyed with them though.  You used to be able to get right around 2400 yards of 20lb line for 50 bucks.  They have now decided to change their yardage amounts on their spool.  Now they charge 43 bucks for 1000 yards of line.  They have essentially doubled their price on Pro Spec Chrome.  I loaded up on the blaze orange when they sold them for a reasonable price.  Hopefully it comes down in price. 

I have a few reels spooled with tritanium 14 lb test. I am very impressed. I have  hooked up  a few large cow nose rays lately and the line does great. tied to a sakuma 50lb shock leader with an albright  knot I can lock the drag and pull as hard as can. But you should take into consideration the rod and reel combo. I have this on a 13' cts s7 2.5 to 5oz rod and an abu 5000 reel. I tested this combo a few years ago with a scale and the most I could pull was 7 lbs. So put this setup on a 10' rod rated for 4to8oz  and penn fathom that can pull 15 to20lbs  it's going to need a heavier test. all that taken into consideration I like the tritanium because the memory is low, it's soft and easy to tie nice knots. down side is that it seems to have a lot of stretch.