Hook I

Affordable Housing in the empty office buildings in NYC

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

How so?  All I heard in the last years was that people were leaving in droves.

Rat population, he must be talking about.

7 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

How so?  All I heard in the last years was that people were leaving in droves.

They are bringing them in from the border by the busload and chartered plane.

I think it’s a great idea.  Who doesn’t want to live in a vibrant 24 hour downtown vertical neighborhood?

Then they can bulldoze it in a few years like Cabrini Green

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hope once the liberals do this, we can have an honest discussion about all those stupid light rail projects, because let’s be honest, almost all of them are designed to move workers from the suburbs to urban areas and home again..  If the work is no longer concentrated in urban hubs, we don’t need those dumb trains.  Think of the savings!

Edited by jkrock

6 mins ago, jkrock said:

I hope once the liberals do this, we can have an honest discussion about all those stupid light rail projects, because let’s be honest, almost all of them are designed to move workers from the suburbs to urban areas and home again..  If the work is no longer concentrated in urban hubs, we don’t need those dumb trains.  Think of the savings!

In my town, those trains also move urbanites out to the suburbs so the urbanites have fresh, fertile, new ground to pillage and plunder.

Crime rates jump near New stops.

11 hours ago, Hook I said:

Let’s see for a family of 9 , 7 rooms on the 52 floor over looking NY harbor in the back round is Hoboken NJ . Great sunsets , government funded housing for low income folks & food card ,sounds good to me such a deal ! 

Indian / pakastani families here have been livin' with multiple families in 3 rooms.....nothin' new to realtors.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

6 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Indian / pakastani families here have been livin' with multiple families in 3 rooms.....nothin' new to realtors.

I was taking about one family apartment. 

14 mins ago, dena said:

In my town, those trains also move urbanites out to the suburbs so the urbanites have fresh, fertile, new ground to pillage and plunder.

Crime rates jump near New stops.

No one needs to travel between neighborhoods by train.  Each of these locations will be their own self contained hubs where people live, shop and dine.  Work from home removes 80%,of the need for these “commuter rails”

Hiw many people ride the trains from CT to NYC or Westchester to NYC each day that aren’t going to work?  

I bet train from burbs into Manhattan is $20 and takes an hour.  Bus is probably $3 and take an hour and 10 mins.  Train will just be an expensive luxury

Edited by jkrock

1 min ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

OK.....so how many families can fit in a 1 family apt.....they do it all the time.

Why would more than one family live in an apartment when there is so much empty space ? 
the now government has plenty of extra cash for affordable housing when the peckerhead slashed US funds to countries of around the world  

3 mins ago, jkrock said:

No one needs to travel between neighborhoods by train.  Each of these locations will be their own self contained hubs where people live, shop and dine.  Work from home removes 80%,of the need for these “commuter rails”

Hiw many people ride the trains from CT to NYC or Westchester to NYC each day that aren’t going to work?  

That’s true government accounts or low income folks can use  car service ..why take mass transit? MTA is a cash cow for the government subsidized funds 

12 hours ago, Gamakatsu said:

New York City's population increased this year.

The burgeoning feral problem on the streets skewed the numbers, and the quality of life there plummeted.

Finding it impossible to understand your pride in those policies that promote such declines, but whatever gets you out of bed each day.

Just now, Hook I said:

That’s true government accounts or low income folks can use  car service ..why take mass transit? MTA is a cash cow for the government subsidized funds 

With all the affordable housing, those unable to work from home can now afford to live where they work.  No car service needed