Eeeeels

Waterproof Tape

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I hope this may help somebody. 
I finally found a waterproof tape for my casting finger. I’ve tried a lot and found that Nexcare Absolute waterproof tape works the best. 
I used it all last fall and it never failed. It stayed on and didn’t wear out after a session up in the rivers, rain etc..... No more power pro line cut on my casting finger. 
I’ve tried those other things that slip on but it’s not for me. This tape is great.

Just bought enough for like 5 years.....

Eeeeels......

5 mins ago, Gully said:

Hockey tape is the best I’ve used 

Agreed, but willing to give the Nexcare Absolute tape a go. I don't use tape to prevent as I don't like any tape or gloves given the choice. I will wear something if my finger is cut so it can heal quicker so I can put the tape away.

Always nice to hear positive results from folks.

2 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Agreed, but willing to give the Nexcare Absolute tape a go. I don't use tape to prevent as I don't like any tape or gloves given the choice. I will wear something if my finger is cut so it can heal quicker so I can put the tape away.

Always nice to hear positive results from folks.

My finger gets cut all the time with out tape. Especially when my hand is wet.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:18 PM, Eeeeels said:

I finally found a waterproof tape for my casting finger. I’ve tried a lot and found that Nexcare Absolute waterproof tape works the best. 
I used it all last fall and it never failed. It stayed on and didn’t wear out after a session up in the rivers, rain etc..... No more power pro line cut on my casting finger. 
I’ve tried those other things that slip on but it’s not for me. This tape is great.

Eeeeels......

I use this all the time. It's great!

I will wear through but for most sessions it works.

Hardly know it's there. 

3m Vetrap or the walgreens knockoff.  Stays on, only sticks to itself and is flexible.  

There is a version with some sort of thread reinforcement, don't get that.  It's a bitch to tear and is too thick.  

On 5/6/2021 at 6:18 PM, Eeeeels said:

Eeeeels......

I've used the Nexcare Absolute and agree it is very good, also very comfortable.  I give it a strong 2nd place to hockey tape....I've yet to find anything better than hockey tape.  I've found a lot depends on how you use it.  I like 1.5 wraps around just the tip of my finger so there's minimal glue surface in my case.  After a couple releases, or in rain, hockey tape is the only thing I've found that will stay put. 

I agree with Captain Planet. The 3m Vetrap (and its variations) is excellent. 

It is inexpensive, tough and stays on. 

Plus you can take the wider rolls and cut into smaller rolls. Then tuck those rolls into surf bag, waders, surf jacket, etc.  Then it is easy to replace or help a fellow surfcaster