Linesideslayer

Official Hat Fling 2021: Sign In Here

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Should be a good event only the real fisherman and guys I care about are showing up, no googans this year, perfect. 

Funny how all year you hear, are we having the Fling?, I hope so?,I missed last year but if they have it this year I will be there!, but then rubber hits the road and it is all crickets. 

Any other real fisherman also coming this year? Lets make some noise! 

By reading what you wrote (perhaps it was in jest?), I feel you are completely missing the point of the Hat Fling, the intent of the Hat Fling is to get anyone interested in fishing our coast at any skill level along with their friends and families together to share our passion and help teach and mentor others.   We never cared about who showed up in the past or even if you were a SOL member or not, it was about sharing.   I think what you are speaking about above is not what Winch and Tammy had in mind when they started this tradition many years ago.    

On 5/6/2021 at 2:28 PM, Linesideslayer said:

For those members who have never attended a Fling or New members here in short is what the Fling is all about: A bunch of SOL members, friends & family getting together to talk fishing, gain insights and knowledge from one another, relax, have a good time, bring great eats to the pot luck, share stories, have some fun, maybe fish before, during or after the event, raffle off some fishing lures and other fishing stuff all donated by you members, check out some of the members rods and rigs (please bring your rods and reels that you fish!), have some laughs and get to know one another, make some new friends and put some faces to avatars and online names. 

Tom you are 100% correct, this event is for all and everyone including friends and family, to quote myself.

That said, I was going to wait until the Hat Fling to announce this, but this year will also be my last Hosting this event, it has been a fun 5 year run (sorry Covid prevented this event last year) and appreciate all the help and support I have had over the last 3 events, but it is now time for another member to take the torch.  

4 mins ago, moocks said:

Friendly reminder. This is not an airport....

The white zone is for unloading and loading only.     :witty:

10 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Tom you are 100% correct, this event is for all and everyone including friends and family, to quote myself.

That said, I was going to wait until the Hat Fling to announce this, but this year will also be my last Hosting this event, it has been a fun 5 year run (sorry Covid prevented this event last year) and appreciate all the help and support I have had over the last 3 events, but it is now time for another member to take the torch.  

You've been doing a great job, a lot goes into these things as you are well aware.  Has it been five years?   I thought you had to do 15 year intervals.  :D 

Posted (edited) · Report post

20-Life Judge that's rough! I shooting for parole in 5 years for good behavior it is healthy to let others take a turn, breath of fresh air and keeps things interesting and who ever does take over has my full help and support. Paladin already volunteered to take over, he just doesn't know it yet! Ha ha. 

I'm stuck in Fling prison, and time keeps on draggin on

But the Fling train keeps a rollin on to San G. 

But I hooked a fish in Reno just to watch him die

When I hear that Fling a whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry

Edited by Linesideslayer

All friends and members of SOL, it with a sad heart and hat in my hand that I say this; I will not be able to host this years Hat Fling event, do to issues in my own personal life. This is in no-way linked to this site, event, or member on SOL in anyway, just to be clear. I have already notified some of the long standing members on here of this fact. I am truly sad that I won't be in attendance this year, but please don't let this stop you guys from still having this event. I have made arrangements for a member to pick up the Fling tub at my house with past years picnic accessories along with my contributions to the Free Raffle. Aside from the two Webber BBQs I was planning on bringing to the event, the list on page two of this thread is still good and valid to work off of if someone else can bring a BBQ in addition. It is my hope that you guys understand me having to do this, especially so late and near the event. 

Sincerely, 

Linesideslayer