Linesideslayer

Official Hat Fling 2021: Sign In Here

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I finally got around to pulling out the Fling Bin outta storage, again thanks to all those that have donated or brought supplies in the past, as the list of needs gets shorter every year because of you guys and your generous donations. Also found Billy Bass head for the casting contest, still had a signature Fixter Metal Lipped Darter in his mouth!

Here is the List of needs as I see it, of course there might be a few last minute items, but this should get us going; 

• Full Size Aluminum Foil Chaffing Dish: Have 4 water pans leftover, Need 4 EA more (20.7" L x 13"W x 3.3" H)
  • Half Size Aluminum Foil Chaffing Dish Food Pans: Zero on hand, Need 6 EA (12.16" L x 10" W x 2.6" H)
  • Need 10-12 Sternos, prefer the gel type if possible. 
  • 1 package of Plastic Forks, have plenty of knives & spoons from a large Costco pack from past event. 
  • 1 package of Napkins, have some, but doesn't hurt to have a little more. 
  • 3-4 Large Bags of Kingsford Brand Charcoal (I hate cheap charcoal and it never burns as hot or as long) 
  • 2 Cases of Bottled Water
  • Couple of 12 pks assorted sodas or sparkling bubbly waters
  • 2-3 Large Bags of Ice day of the event (I will be bringing a couple of ice chests to put drinks in)
  • Package of To-Go Containers-for guys to take leftovers home in.

Not a ton of needs, if you are going to take care of one of the items on this short list, please respond in this thread so I can check it off. Otherwise focus efforts on the free raffle prizes and the killer pot luck grub! 

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Edited by Linesideslayer

On 5/10/2021 at 1:02 AM, norcalkat said:

I am in for sure!  I will be making the trip from Sacramento since I bought a house out here last year and relocated myself.  Make a list of stuff needed that way we can cross them off as far as who is bringing what.  I’ll jump on the lathe and bring a plug or two to giveaway as well 

Nice, We are going to West Sac eventually. 

I just returned from Sac, my buddies 40th B-day party, was supposed to fish the American river, since the Shad run is well underway and in turn the striper are gobbling them down, but unfortunately tequila shooters got in the way. Hope Orlando is finding time away from work to partake in the action, my window was short and with a pounding head hangover and at my age (I too am turning 40 this year yeah I hear you Moocks just a young whipper snapper) got in the way, in my younger days, puking be damned I would have been on the water at first light. Here is a shot of the party just getting started, love my buddies wheel hubcap and tin can water powered rotisserie, redneck ingenuity! My 6 month old chocolate lab puppy is in the left hand corner hoping for a meat scrap to fall off, her first big girl party, my buddy has two black labs, she had a great time! 

IMG_2764.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have been into them since I moved here (July), there hasn't been a month I haven't found them.  There is really no reason for them to leave to be honest, they have a steady amount of food all year. 

Edited by norcalkat

1 hour ago, norcalkat said:

There is really no reason for them to leave to be honest, they have a steady amount of food all year. 

It is not the leaving but the spearing of big brood stock females that I am worried about. What ever happened with the traction we gained on a slot limit? I would love to see that reg imposed sooner than later. 18"-30" seems very fair for all. 

Picked up some of Double_D's absolute favorite to put in his mouth and wolf down, some big, plump, juicy Italian sausages for his gobbling down at the Fling. Mild or if he is really in the mood, Caliente! 

64298002047__E70628FD-B854-4965-8546-F62847CF7329.jpg

3 hours ago, moocks said:

"Yes! Bring plugs! Let’s not have Fixter or Winch dominate the inventory that’s available."

Is this for the raffle ?

Holy Sh%$ Moocks is still alive! Sure if it makes you feel better. Be sure to bring a couple packs of 100s,  the way my personal life is going right now, I am going to need to bum more than a few off you at this Fling. 

On 5/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, TLDig said:

So happy that this is still a thing 

Tammy just trying to keep the dream alive! Sometimes grumpy old coders that hate change try to get in the way but have to disrespect, I mean respect your elders, they have a wealth of knowledge and won wars Gen-Xers and Menials could never fathom. Hey I wish I could remember when a pack of Lucky Strikes were only $0.50. Going to have to cum visit you sometime, after all 100lb plus Tarpon are still on my species bucket list. Tried on my honeymoon at Coco Beach 12 years ago but the guide wanted $500 plus tip for 1/2 day, bet you would be a cheaper date and way more fun while I worked on my tan? Probably show me how a real woman poles on the flats

I hear you loud and clear K-man! Heard you been slaying the pink out of MB Hole this past week, over.

Should be a good event only the real fisherman and guys I care about are showing up, no googans this year, perfect. 

Funny how all year you hear, are we having the Fling?, I hope so?,I missed last year but if they have it this year I will be there!, but then rubber hits the road and it is all crickets. 

Any other real fisherman also coming this year? Lets make some noise!