Linesideslayer

Official Hat Fling 2021: Sign In Here

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Saturday July 24th, the Official SOL West Coast Crew HAT FLING  

At San Gregorio State Beach just South of Halfmoon Bay off Hwy 1 in the Picnic Area near the parking lot.

Sign in here who is going and what you want to bring for the pot luck. Parking Lot Opens at 8:00am (I will be there early to reserve our spot) there is a Parking Fee of $10 per vehicle and free overflow parking outside along the highway where posted available. I am still working on attaching a list of items I am asking members to volunteer to bring (see attached list coming soon, need to dig out the Fling dedicated Plastic Tub in storage to see what we already have from past events). The list will be essentials like Plasticware, plates, cups, drinks, etc. I will be accepting any donations for the free raffle we do every year if you are not able to attend in person and still want to contribute to the event through donation or if you plan to attend the Fling you can bring your donations the day of the event, so if you have anything to donate, it's all welcome and very much appreciated. Any questions regarding this event, please respond in this thread?

For those members who have never attended a Fling or New members here in short is what the Fling is all about: A bunch of SOL members, friends & family getting together to talk fishing, gain insights and knowledge from one another, relax, have a good time, bring great eats to the pot luck, share stories, have some fun, maybe fish before, during or after the event, raffle off some fishing lures and other fishing stuff all donated by you members, check out some of the members rods and rigs (please bring your rods and reels that you fish!), have some laughs and get to know one another, make some new friends and put some faces to avatars and online names. There is no strict schedule or plan of events, everyone shows up late morning (10-11amish, I will be there at 8:00am to get our spot and maybe even wet a line), we BBQ, put out some homemade food or store bought trays of food, we eat drink and be merry, mid to late afternoon after the raffle prizes are doled out, everyone says their goodbyes till next year. Below are links to the last 3 years' Event Threads.

NOTE: Due to COVID this event could be cancelled or moved from original location without much or any notice. I will be calling the State Parks office and San Mateo County office monthly to ensure we are still able to gather and have the event, so bare with me guys, I will keep everyone in the loop and if any change you will know when I do. Recommending bringing a mask or gator with you to the event just in case county rules change and they are required. I also understand if members wear them for the duration of the event while not stuffing faces with the good eats from the potluck. 

23 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

At this point my plan is to attend....  Thank you Linesideslayer for getting  the ball rolling on this..

No Problem Mike, I got a lot going on this year in my personal life, not trying to get into details, but times is tough all over, this past year been a B#$%@! for a lot of us. But on a more positive note think I am going to make a gang of Lamb and Rice Dolmas this year (don't think I have made these in the past, but might be wrong) that will have all of you slapping the side of your heads with your tongues. As always I will be bringing a medium and small webber charcoal BBQs for members to cook or heat things up along with a few cheapy Chaffing dishes with sternos to keep goodies warm. Tomorrow will try to get off my arse and pull out the Fling tub to access what we already got on hand from past events. 

I am in for sure!  I will be making the trip from Sacramento since I bought a house out here last year and relocated myself.  Make a list of stuff needed that way we can cross them off as far as who is bringing what.  I’ll jump on the lathe and bring a plug or two to giveaway as well 

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, norcalkat said:

I will be making the trip from Sacramento since I bought a house out here last year and relocated myself. 

I just picture Orlando up on a box in front of Broadway Bait and Tackle screaming at spearfisherman as they bring their 30-50 pound speared American River parkway striper for cleaning and weigh in. Not to get off topic or anything. 

Buddy from Sac just informed me that Broadway Bait is no longer in business, closed 2 years ago, tough times indeed. Used to get my Yolo Bypass birds plucked and processed there for a fee, was a great shop! Shame. 

Edited by Linesideslayer

I will attend and I'll bring some Spotted Dick for all those Manafort dwellers word on the street and the beach is Mike Fixter cant get enough of this stuff.

Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding - Shop Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding  - Shop Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding - Shop Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge  Pudding - Shop at H-E-B at H-E-B

On 5/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, gary.Hb said:

Count me in for Pics again this year and give me a heads up on anything you need me to bring.

Sweet thanks Gary for volunteering to be our camera man you have been know to capture special moments like this one...

A2C0BEB7-82CC-4C41-A8F7-85591738C955.jpeg

It is a Love Hate relationship, thats for sure! I think this year me and a bottle are just going to sleep overnite in this dark dank musky Man Cave, this way I won't get Car-can't-handle-my-liquor Sick on the way up, like some people I know. 

InkedDSCN2046_LI.jpg.3985233867d68588b7bae15786640eb1.jpg

image1.jpeg.b9ba93566e3f3cf28f6c5bbb9f69121e.jpeg

0721171345.jpg.5fc0b3adcba4a02ed81e65f79e497ab5.jpg