Thumb-Burner

any experience with Shady Rays sunglasses

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to find a pair of good prescription sunglasses without having to sell my car to pay for them.  Recently saw Shady Rays can be had in prescription for a tolerable price.  Anyone have first hand experience with them?

with all due respect, i already know that you have Costas and they are worth the money, buy once cry once, you get what you pay for, Costas are the best, Costas this and Costas that.   I don't doubt any of that.  I'm just not going to spend 500-1000 bucks on a pair of sunglasses.   Yes, my eyes are worth the investment.  I understand that one too. :)

Now, about those Shady Rays???

I bought them last year and was pretty disappointed with the quality. The lenses had a tint film over them that would start to delaminate within a couple weeks. If they got wet it would happen even quicker. I ended up getting 3 pairs from them and they all did the same thing. I would not recommend buying them.

2 mins ago, benellis960 said:

I bought them last year and was pretty disappointed with the quality. The lenses had a tint film over them that would start to delaminate within a couple weeks. If they got wet it would happen even quicker. I ended up getting 3 pairs from them and they all did the same thing. I would not recommend buying them.

thanks.  great to know.   did you buy prescription glasses from them or standard sunglasses?  which lenses?  polycarbonate?

I just bought regular non-prescription glasses. I'm not positive about the lenses but I did just check out the website and saw that they have S/R extreme frames/ lenses available. I did not get those, it was just the regular ones.

5 hours ago, benellis960 said:

I bought them last year and was pretty disappointed with the quality. The lenses had a tint film over them that would start to delaminate within a couple weeks. I would not recommend buying them.

Glad to see this as I am done with expensive Costas and the failing rubber pieces and was seriously looking @ Shady Rays.

If Shady Rays lens film deteriorates in weeks,I'll keep buying disposable Strike Kings.