Can you be a Republican if .....

Rate this topic

BrianBM

Just now, BrianBM said:

Yes. But politically, it's dominated by a church of which Romney is/was a bishop.

Correct, meaning there are people more revered by Republicans than Trump. It’s refreshing to see and more pols should seek common ground with their constituents 

-

11 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Sorry, I thought you were better than that.

Oh well.

BTW, how's the knee doing?

Yuor response is pretty much what I thought I'd get. Democrats calling for violence are a part of the standard PG mythology, like Obama's being Kenyan (and Muslim!), and Hillary's murdering Vincent Foster, etc.  People just know it's true, even if they can't identify the Democrats doing it. 

Just now, BrianBM said:

Yuor response is pretty much what I thought I'd get. Democrats calling for violence are a part of the standard PG mythology, like Obama's being Kenyan (and Muslim!), and Hillary's murdering Vincent Foster, etc.  People just know it's true, even if they can't identify the Democrats doing it. 

It started with Obama telling people to get if their faces (remember that) comments and it's only escalated from there.

It sure as hell is not Republicans giving stand down orders to the police.

If you want to hear somebody come right out and say you should riot burn and loot you won't find it. Even Democrats are not that stupid but it sure as hell is tacit support and support by doing nothing to stop it.

12 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Eliminating shoddy mail order ballot practices is a good thing 

Excellent.  What states that are heavily dependent on mail order voting (the Dakotas have for many years) have had problems.

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

It started with Obama telling people to get if their faces (remember that) comments and it's only escalated from there.

It sure as hell is not Republicans giving stand down orders to the police.

If you want to hear somebody come right out and say you should riot burn and loot you won't find it. Even Democrats are not that stupid but it sure as hell is tacit support and support by doing nothing to stop it.

Ahh, so now we're down to Democrats not being vigorous enough in their objections, and sympathizing with demonstrators too much.

I'd be quite content to see those mayors in cities that let demonstrations turn violent be removed from office, especially in  Portland, Seattle and probably Minneapolis. If I were speaking for Biden, I'd advise those Mayors that they won't get a penny of Federal help to rebuild, and the DoJ will act against officials who let the rule of law lapse so completely.

Just now, BrianBM said:

Ahh, so now we're down to Democrats not being vigorous enough in their objections, and sympathizing with demonstrators too much.

I'd be quite content to see those mayors in cities that let demonstrations turn violent be removed from office, especially in  Portland, Seattle and probably Minneapolis. If I were speaking for Biden, I'd advise those Mayors that they won't get a penny of Federal help to rebuild, and the DoJ will act against officials who let the rule of law lapse so completely.

I'd be quite content to see those rioters having the sh*t beat out of them and left broken and bloody in the streets.

I guess you and I are seeing this thru different optics.     :shrug: