Ron Skinner

SICK OF IT

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

Wow, racist take on the word illegal. I am offended sir.   Oh ****, I just assumed a gender.   

Ron, do you know what 'racist' means? If you did you would understand that calling someone an 'illegal' because they are Hispanic is racist. It doesn't take a snowflake to understand that, but it does require you know what 'racist' means. You decided someone's status in this country because only on their race - nothing else. You used their race to prejudge them and call them a criminal who's in this country illegally. It's not Paul's fault you did that.

I did fish in a spot last night where it is impossible to leave w/o walking by a trash can.  I picked up the usual ball of braid on the ground and threw it in the trash.  I don't think I have ever seen a Hispanic person there. 

Slobs are not limited to Hispanics, illegals or any other group - unfortunately. 

10 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

Yes,  the super power is called common sense.  If you are 40 years old and I yell at you for keeping shorts and you claim not to speak English.  I can put two and two together from there. 

Not speaking English doesn't make you an illegal alien, it makes you a non-English speaking person. Seriously, Ron, you might need to think this stuff through :)

TimS

All politics aside, people obviously poaching, and trashing spots, no matter what race, color, or anything else aside is always terrible to see and understandably frustrating,

It can be difficult to not lump everyone into one big group at times, especially when you see it on a daily basis and don't ever see anything done about it 

DEEP and other organizations in neighboring states are generally useless when it comes to enforcement in the marine district due to several things 

1. Busy with something else at the time ( keep in mind these same people have to not only keep an eye on saltwater fishing, but also hunting, trapping, freshwater fishing, and respond to nuscence and injured animal calls)

2. Far away (there aren't nearly enough of them hired to cover the entire state every minuite of every day it's just not possible with the number of people they've got hired, to enforce everything everywhere 

Chances are if you call dispatch and there's one of them not already doing something, they're a fair ways away

3. It's a shame that this has to be said, but we now live in a time and place where law enforcement of any kind needs to be cautious who they're checking + dealing with, because it's plenty easy for anyone to yell "discrimination, racism" and cause a stink and get someone in trouble at their work, or simply just cause a hassle for them 

I've spoken to some of the kids who do the creel surveys and had them tell me that they don't/hate to check certain demographics because they're always given a hard time

I'm in no way trying to justify the lack of enforcement in the marine district, but I do understand why it doesn't happen more than it does 

And it is an absolute shame that the DEEP and other state organizations aren't able to/don't enforce it more 

That being said, the past year and half, I've run into the feds a solid handful of times which is very refreshing to see 

All of my interactions but one have been with the same individual and they've been nothing but professional and well done,

They're checking spots, licenses, coolers, everything that should be done 

I would highly recommend trying to find a number to call for the feds, because they can and will enforce the law to its fullest extent (if they're around)

And by all means, if you can get one of theirs personal work numbers, so you don't have to call through a dispatch to get ahold of them you should 

That being said they've got the same problems that state enforcement does, with being spread thin

But when they're around they're great 

3 mins ago, PaulS said:

I did fish in a spot last night where it is impossible to leave w/o walking by a trash can.  I picked up the usual ball of braid on the ground and threw it in the trash.  I don't think I have ever seen a Hispanic person there. 

Slobs are not limited to Hispanics, illegals or any other group - unfortunately. 

Slobs are limited to one group - poorly raised, self important, lazy and ignorant pieces of **** :howdy: It's not a skin color, racial or socioeconomic thing - it's just poor parenting, lack of respect for others and the environment and a healthy dose of lazy self importance. It takes an incredible lack of character to walk away from a bag of garbage you carried out to a fishing spot.

38 mins ago, TimS said:

Ron, do you know what 'racist' means? If you did you would understand that calling someone an 'illegal' because they are Hispanic is racist. It doesn't take a snowflake to understand that, but it does require you know what 'racist' means. You decided someone's status in this country because only on their race - nothing else. You used their race to prejudge them and call them a criminal who's in this country illegally. It's not Paul's fault you did that.

Yes Tim,  I know what the term racist means. The term "illegal" how I used it is generalized with no specified race attached. Kind of hypocritical actually to call someone out for saying it and then attaching a specific group of people to it yourself when you think about it. 

7 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

Yes Tim,  I know what the term racist means. The term "illegal" how I used it is generalized with no specified race attached. Kind of hypocritical actually to call someone out for saying it and then attaching a specific group of people to it yourself when you think about it. 

That's not how racism works, I wasn't calling them illegal because they don't speak English, you were - remember? 

10 mins ago, TimS said:

That's not how racism works, I wasn't calling them illegal because they don't speak English, you were - remember? 

Its definitely how it works. I do remember, as you have to prove at minimum a general understanding of the English language to pass a citizenship test

3 hours ago, Nucleo85 said:

Scum? No. Passionate and frustrated, yes. 

Paul I'm guessing you've never found your local quaint spots destroyed by dead sea robins, empty modelos and jarritos, balls of tangled mono, sand worm boxes scattered like decorations, actual tarps set up to camp under, broken glass and remnant from fires? Hey I mean if you enjoy fishing in those conditions we can just continue to brush it under the rug so no one's feelings are hurt or offended. 

I think he meant a different word, but either way we all get the picture and that's the sad reality. Spot after spot is becoming a bring the family, soak 10 rods, and leave a trail of trash that could fill a small dumpster, and take home a dozen shorts in the process. If you don't see a problem with this, you're clueless 

This is the same s*** I see almost every time I  go to Penfield Reef. I can attest to many, many instances of poaching and garbage everywhere. 

I have contacted DEEP many times and never seen a single patrol there ever. It is completely unacceptable that such a widely known spot is goes unpatrolled by DEEP.

37 mins ago, mikeadams said:

This is the same s*** I see almost every time I  go to Penfield Reef. I can attest to many, many instances of poaching and garbage everywhere. 

I have contacted DEEP many times and never seen a single patrol there ever. It is completely unacceptable that such a widely known spot is goes unpatrolled by DEEP.

I'm in your general area Mike and I completely agree, there are time after time problem areas that go unpatrolled.  Places I don't even fish but known areas that look like a tornado just flipped a dumpster, not sure what more we can do. Like stated in a post earlier, towns avoid any sort of confrontation or enforcement in these times because they don't want to be deemed offensive or profiling.

It's pretty amazing the lengths people went to get plastic straws banned and felt they were saving the world and turtles, but we have fishermen/citizens witnessing mass ignorance for the environment and laws, reporting it, cleaning up after a lot of those pigs, and it just goes unanswered and dismissed. Really makes you wonder 

4 mins ago, Nucleo85 said:

I'm in your general area Mike and I completely agree, there are time after time problem areas that go unpatrolled.  Places I don't even fish but known areas that look like a tornado just flipped a dumpster, not sure what more we can do. Like stated in a post earlier, towns avoid any sort of confrontation or enforcement in these times because they don't want to be deemed offensive or profiling.

It's pretty amazing the lengths people went to get plastic straws banned and felt they were saving the world and turtles, but we have fishermen/citizens witnessing mass ignorance for the environment and laws, reporting it, cleaning up after a lot of those pigs, and it just goes unanswered and dismissed. Really makes you wonder 

Yeah man, the whole thing is incredibly frustrating. I guess all we can do is keep reporting it to DEEP as often as possible

Maybe if enough people call they will respond sometimes.. i’m not really sure what else we can do other than try to police them ourselves which I have done and it doesn’t always go so well, especially when you are outnumbered and alone which I pretty much always am...

2F19655D-2C56-4FAA-B2D3-EC5C176F7AF3.jpeg

12 mins ago, mikeadams said:

Yeah man, the whole thing is incredibly frustrating. I guess all we can do is keep reporting it to DEEP as often as possible

Maybe if enough people call they will respond sometimes.. i’m not really sure what else we can do other than try to police them ourselves which I have done and it doesn’t always go so well, especially when you are outnumbered and alone which I pretty much always am...

2F19655D-2C56-4FAA-B2D3-EC5C176F7AF3.jpeg

Agreed,  self policing can get dangerous quickly.  Just the other night a friend and I were fishing off a local bar, and we were way off,  maybe 1/2 mile to exposed land. Just us and one boat maybe 100 yards away anchored. Bite was good so I wasn't paying attention but about an hour in my buddy yells over to me "that boat hasn't tossed a single fish back yet"   So me being me yells " stop fing poaching" only to get a "nobody cares" response.  some words were exchanged and that was that. Nothing could really do.  When the boat decided to leave they went full throttle directly at us making a 90 degree turn 50 feet in front of us. there was no land to move to quickly we were waist deep.  Could have killed us if they wanted.  

54 mins ago, Nucleo85 said:

The environmental police don’t want to deal with it either. They don’t want to deal with potentially being accused as racist or profiling. If they do question people that pull the “no English” response and don’t carry ID it becomes a huge headache so they just avoid those confrontations and locations all together. How do you give someone a fine or summons if they have no ID? It really sucks and is just going to get worse as more people see there is no enforcement. 

22 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

Agreed,  self policing can get dangerous quickly.  Just the other night a friend and I were fishing off a local bar, and we were way off,  maybe 1/2 mile to exposed land. Just us and one boat maybe 100 yards away anchored. Bite was good so I wasn't paying attention but about an hour in my buddy yells over to me "that boat hasn't tossed a single fish back yet"   So me being me yells " stop fing poaching" only to get a "nobody cares" response.  some words were exchanged and that was that. Nothing could really do.  When the boat decided to leave they went full throttle directly at us making a 90 degree turn 50 feet in front of us. there was no land to move to quickly we were waist deep.  Could have killed us if they wanted.  

Did you get the boat registration number?