Ron Skinner

SICK OF IT

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

Just a rant post, since it seems to be a daily occurrence.  Anyone else going to spots and seeing them packed with illegals soaking sandworms and poaching with no regard for regulations. Trust me, I'm not the type of person that is shy to tell someone exactly how I feel, but more often than not I am alone and outnumbered 10+ to 1.  DEEP is an absolute joke of an organization. I cant remember once in the last several years that I've called to report poaching and they have actually come. I'm located in southwestern CT and want to know if this happening along the rest of the coast of CT and if so what has your experience been like trying to get a DEEP officer to actually catch these scum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in moc o last week and cops walked the bay beech...only problem there was no fish to had....I didn't see a fish caught the two hours I was there...lol lol lol...it was good to see the cops out on the beech...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost all states are complaining about this problem, there is little point in changing and adjusting rules to help the fishery if the rampant poaching is not addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Skinner said:

Just a rant post, since it seems to be a daily occurrence.  Anyone else going to spots and seeing them packed with illegals soaking sandworms and poaching with no regard for regulations. Trust me, I'm not the type of person that is shy to tell someone exactly how I feel, but more often than not I am alone and outnumbered 10+ to 1.  DEEP is an absolute joke of an organization. I cant remember once in the last several years that I've called to report poaching and they have actually come. I'm located in southwestern CT and want to know if this happening along the rest of the coast of CT and if so what has your experience been like trying to get a DEEP officer to actually catch these scum. 

I mentioned something similar to what your saying in another post. It was a bit racist I guess and I apologize for it but the facts are the facts. Litter, fires on the beach and poaching are things I see. I told two guys keeping small fish that they should throw them back but go zero response back. So when I got to the lot I snapped pics of there plates, sent the deep a email with the plate numbers  and telling them that these guys were poaching. I also left a note on their trucks that they were reported. Haven’t seen them since so who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Skinner said:

Just a rant post, since it seems to be a daily occurrence.  Anyone else going to spots and seeing them packed with illegals soaking sandworms and poaching with no regard for regulations. Trust me, I'm not the type of person that is shy to tell someone exactly how I feel, but more often than not I am alone and outnumbered 10+ to 1.  DEEP is an absolute joke of an organization. I cant remember once in the last several years that I've called to report poaching and they have actually come. I'm located in southwestern CT and want to know if this happening along the rest of the coast of CT and if so what has your experience been like trying to get a DEEP officer to actually catch these scum. 

Super power?  You can identify legal citizens by sight?  Pretty amazing as no-one else has that power. 
In my opinion, you are the scum but that’s  just based on reading your comments. That’s my super power. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 mins ago, Mark L said:

I mentioned something similar to what your saying in another post. It was a bit racist I guess and I apologize for it but the facts are the facts. Litter, fires on the beach and poaching are things I see. I told two guys keeping small fish that they should throw them back but go zero response back. So when I got to the lot I snapped pics of there plates, sent the deep a email with the plate numbers  and telling them that these guys were poaching. I also left a note on their trucks that they were reported. Haven’t seen them since so who knows. 

I'm not apologizing for anything. Meant what I said. Couldn't care less if a few snowflakes like Paul E get triggered by it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

30 mins ago, Paul E said:

Super power?  You can identify legal citizens by sight?  Pretty amazing as no-one else has that power. 
In my opinion, you are the scum but that’s  just based on reading your comments. That’s my super power. 
 

Scum? No. Passionate and frustrated, yes. 

 

Paul I'm guessing you've never found your local quaint spots destroyed by dead sea robins, empty modelos and jarritos, balls of tangled mono, sand worm boxes scattered like decorations, actual tarps set up to camp under, broken glass and remnant from fires? Hey I mean if you enjoy fishing in those conditions we can just continue to brush it under the rug so no one's feelings are hurt or offended. 

 

I think he meant a different word, but either way we all get the picture and that's the sad reality. Spot after spot is becoming a bring the family, soak 10 rods, and leave a trail of trash that could fill a small dumpster, and take home a dozen shorts in the process. If you don't see a problem with this, you're clueless 

Edited by Nucleo85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Nucleo85 said:

Scum? No. Passionate and frustrated, yes. 

 

Paul I'm guessing you've never found your local quaint spots destroyed by dead sea robins, empty modelos and jarritos, balls of tangled mono, sand worm boxes scattered like decorations, actual tarps set up to camp under, broken glass and remnant from fires? Hey I mean if you enjoy fishing in those conditions we can just continue to brush it under the rug so no one's feelings are hurt or offended. 

 

I think he meant a different word, but either way we all get the picture and that's the sad reality. Spot after spot is becoming a bring the family, soak 10 rods, and leave a trail of trash that could fill a small dumpster, and take home a dozen shorts in the process. If you don't see a problem with this, you're clueless 

So does anybody from the DEP show up at any spot to check licenses & such?  In all my years (SW CT for many years & Juno Beach area now)  I never saw anyone check for a license. 

 

Down here people walking the beach ask me for any fish I catch & throw back. I mean they will bring home anything with fins regardless of season & size. I always say no. Yet everybody complains that the fishing is nothing like it used to be.  I guess it does not dawn on them that over harvesting (& breaking the laws) by commercial & recreational anglers  has no consequence. 

 

I am now totally convinced that this country's IQ has dropped 10 fold & replaced by selfishness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

I'm not apologizing for anything. Meant what I said. Couldn't care less if a few snowflakes like Paul E get triggered by it

Sounded racist to me also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, Nucleo85 said:

Scum? No. Passionate and frustrated, yes. 

 

Paul I'm guessing you've never found your local quaint spots destroyed by dead sea robins, empty modelos and jarritos, balls of tangled mono, sand worm boxes scattered like decorations, actual tarps set up to camp under, broken glass and remnant from fires? Hey I mean if you enjoy fishing in those conditions we can just continue to brush it under the rug so no one's feelings are hurt or offended. 

 

I think he meant a different word, but either way we all get the picture and that's the sad reality. Spot after spot is becoming a bring the family, soak 10 rods, and leave a trail of trash that could fill a small dumpster, and take home a dozen shorts in the process. If you don't see a problem with this, you're clueless 

Beautifully said Nucleo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, No One Here said:

i mean anyone who calls any hispanic person they see illegal just because they are hispanic is definitely flirting with scum..lol

Wow, racist take on the word illegal. I am offended sir.   Oh ****, I just assumed a gender.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Skinner said:

I'm not apologizing for anything. Meant what I said. Couldn't care less if a few snowflakes like Paul E get triggered by it

Now who really melted?  The person who is so afraid of people who look and talk differently that he waited to get home to anonymously post something (I mean you), or, the person who fearlessly called out your stupidity, rudeness and cowardice in a national website (that’s me). 
Just to be clear - it is you who melted and then documented the meltdown for all of us to see. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul E said:

Super power?  You can identify legal citizens by sight?  Pretty amazing as no-one else has that power. 
In my opinion, you are the scum but that’s  just based on reading your comments. That’s my super power. 
 

Yes,  the super power is called common sense.  If you are 40 years old and I yell at you for keeping shorts and you claim not to speak English.  I can put two and two together from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Skinner said:

I'm not apologizing for anything. Meant what I said. Couldn't care less if a few snowflakes like Paul E get triggered by it

So you can tell they are illegal aliens because they were fishing? Or because they were keeping shorts? Or because they were Hispanic? Or did you ask for ID?

 

It doesn't take a snowflake to point out ignorance - and calling people illegals because they are Hispanic is as ignorant as it gets...you literally have no way of knowing their status in this country.

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.