Critter Gitter

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some pics from May 5th weekend in 2006 of multiple 50in and the running of the bulls including Gary's State record, my PB, the late Fulton RIP, Beachfish and Jerry..  Memories what a weekend that was.1.jpg.5d9aac0b7956449b33629fbaef58c5a4.jpg2.jpg.7ac3186faf67d4ce69c3b2660494043f.jpg3.jpg.ec25f3891dd4d9d21fdf9edc862116c3.jpg5.jpg.ceacee2ce23cc9a988370bdd51bc084b.jpg6.jpg.74bb406cc790571e17ece1a9e08cd9a0.jpg7.jpg.a4647a1a1588d9018495b8787e480170.jpg

Edited by Critter Gitter

I didn't fish that day...:banghd:...don't remember why.  But I well remember the stories.  I also remember the Mother's Day when I caught 10 fish 45+ in less than 2 hours.  It's been awhile...several years before my mom died 10 years ago.  Alas, the fish are gone...hard to get excited about what we have now.

Edited by SteveZ

7 mins ago, spinr0k said:

Now we are down to showing pictures of who caught the largest skate.

I think this weekend I'll keep one and take to the tackle shop and get my picture with it hanging from the scale.

After missing that run in 06, I made sure I got there early May. 

Finally paid off on Cinco de Mayo about 10 or more years ago. 26 stripers averaging 36” with 16 the following day = 42 for 2 days with a couple black drum thrown in. Most on one rod that was on the hot spot.  Never expected that at AI. Talk about cloud 9. 

Those were the days my friend...

May not be stripers, but today I went togging and didn’t catch a single fish under 16”. Only time that’s happened. Maybe it’s special Cinco de Mayo luck. Didn’t even see one under 16”. I caught three, other guys out there caught 2-3. Happy Cinco de Mayo guys

Man.. I forgot I caught that on a spinner.

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!

Edited by 7nBait

....as I started fishing assateague some 27 years ago the stories of critter and friends (coleman evans smith etc), forced me to get serious. Eventually I did catch a few fish. Recently i had a flashback of them days, probably never see it again, but it sure was a nice day.....made more memorable with D-Man and Bill there. Dennis:

ACE_2310c.jpg

Yep those were good times.  As I recall I filleted and ate a potential SR back in the 90s when I didn't follow such things (great eating tho), then was fishing with CG and Cris Salp when he caught his SR. Then Allen beat that and held the SR crown for a while, until Gary beat it in 2006, where stands today.  

Unfortunately, Maryland coastal cannot keep a large striper any more :-( so no coastal SR any more.  Chesapeake Bay fishers can, as can NJ fishers .