How Republicans cost the USA renewable energy dominance

Rate this topic

MaxKatt

From Ron Reagan removing Jimmy Carter's solar panels from the White House roof....to the Bushes cosines with big oil...to Trump pulling out of Paris accord and rolling back emissions standards...the result?  

China and a Spanish company are the global leaders in solar and wind technology.  Republicans ceded the lead...and as the world moves to clean energy...we're playing catch-up.

Cover of NYT biz today...

"With a voracious appetite for acquiring utilities and making big investments in renewable energy, Iberdrola is now the world leader in combined wind and solar power outside China."

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.44.31 PM.png

20 mins ago, JimP said:

We should have something like Solyndra,,,,,,,

So funny.  

You same dopes that cry that everything in Walmart says "Made in China" and implore everyone to buy "Made in USA" have no trouble just giving this entire emerging...with certain explosive growth...industry, to people outside the US.

And when all the world's dollars...including US dollars...are flowing to these countries... you'll be crying for 10,000 coal jobs, a pipeline, and wondering where all the manufacturing jobs are. 

1 hour ago, MaxKatt said:

From Ron Reagan removing Jimmy Carter's solar panels from the White House roof....to the Bushes cosines with big oil...to Trump pulling out of Paris accord and rolling back emissions standards...the result?  

China and a Spanish company are the global leaders in solar and wind technology.  Republicans ceded the lead...and as the world moves to clean energy...we're playing catch-up.

"With a voracious appetite for acquiring utilities and making big investments in renewable energy, Iberdrola is now the world leader in combined wind and solar power outside China."

Troll, what are solar panels made of? Generation capacity?. Cost /benefit analysis?.

I can " blow a load " for free in the shower , but, that conditioner isn't cheap and the empty bottle is useless from a recycling standpoint. They haven't found a way to " environmentally recycle a boat, or a turbine blade, 

I have though.

Make it into a ginormous butt plug and stick it in your arse.

From the NYTimes article, something all you Masshole lovers of wind farms should celebrate:

Galán clinched that deal for United Illuminating for $3 billion. His company, Iberdrola, is now poised, with a Danish partner, to begin constructing the first large-scale offshore wind farm in the United States, in waters off Massachusetts.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Obama made some smart investments in green energy, the taxpayers supplied the green for companies like Solyndra. Their goal is to make energy prices climb so high the so called green energy looks feasible. Obama has at least 3 mansions, two right at sea level, I guess he isn't worried about the sea level rising.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

6 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

The Paris accord did not lower emissions for entire world. One sided environmental policies caused most dirty manufacturing to move into china just as much as bad trade policies. Pollution may be worse in china but it eventually circles the globe.

I wonder if the Spanish government is planning to tax the living **** out of that company so that they leave for China.  I know you and your buddies would rape tax that company so bad that they would be in Taiwan or Vietnam by now.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

14 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

I wonder if the Spanish government is planning to tax the living **** out of that company so that they leave for China.  I know you and your buddies would rape tax that company so bad that they would be in Taiwan or Vietnam by now.

Blame America first. 

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15