Bdemiri23

Best 3000-5000 spinning reel

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I've beat the snot out of my slammers and they keep taking it. Love my BG 4000 in the back bay. Been real happy with my new gosa. Haven't caught anything large with it yet but I don't think it will dissapoint. My Battle II is ok, but one quick dunk killed my fishing for the night once. It cleaned up ok though. Maybe the new battles are better.

Here's my list for best in their respective price slots:

Stradic FL 1k-5k  $200-$250

Saragosa SWA 6k-25k $250-$375

Certate LT 2.5k-5k $375-$450

Certate SW 8k-18k $550-$700

My check list of reels to fulfill everything I need in my spinners fw/sw. From stream brookies to BFT and everything inbetween:

Stradic FL 1k

2x Stradic FL C3k + xtra 2500S spool  

Certate LT 5000D 

Certate SW 10k

Gosa SWA 20k 

I have been very happy with the Battle 2 reels these days. I think the newer ones are very solid reels and when I need to replace the gen 2 it would be with the newer ones. My biggest complaint with the Battle lineup from the beginning was sizing. That series needed a 4500 size imo. So for that size I went over to the boca 50 from quantum. I am very happy with these two reels for quite some time. If I was to replace a boca and had a few more bucks, I would be looking at the cabo ptse. The battle and boca /cabo have been being refined for several years. Present models are are very good bet.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Shimano ultegra FC 2021 is also out, looks sweet. So many options out there again. I have tried a lot of Penn reels and never submerged them but they always get this gearing sounds after a year or two. I am not super hard on my reels but when I tog from the surf I do like to keep them out of those rocks. My Nasci has taken it for 3years but my penn reels don’t make it through a season. Also happened to my Daiwa saltist backbay(that was disappointing at $220 price point). I think I need a workhorse reel that can crank some power. 

Edited by Bdemiri23