tper

Had covid - how's the second vaccine shot?

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

Had covid and a long hauler, Moderna #1 hurty arm and nothing more.   12 hours after #2 I had a temp over 100F. and that was with taking tylenol as a fever reducer every 4 hours.   It took about 36 hours to be right.

Really felt just like Covid only I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell 

So if you had covid you must have antibodies....natural immunity.

Why the need for a shot? The shot is supposed to increase herd immunity.

Had COVID last March. Got my first shot in Jan. The following 2days I had 101 fever and flu like symptoms. Wife had COVID in nov. had 104 fever for 2days got first shot same day as me.  The second shot we both had a much milder reaction 99-100 fever but not as achy.  Moderna. 

1) Had the first shot: no symptoms 

2) Week later, wife and I tested positive; she had not been vaccinated 

3) I had mild symptoms for two days

4) She was bed-ridden for two weeks and still very tired for the next week

5) I had my second shot and felt poorly for two days

6) She had her first shot and felt poorly for two days. 

Conclusion: if I hadn’t had my first shot and we were both as sick as my wife, we would have been in trouble because she couldn’t eat and could barely move. 

Will keep you posted going to do it have planned work from home day   Not a baby but sooooooooooooo sick of the covid feeling .....   

On 5/6/2021 at 4:27 AM, Baccigalup said:

So if you had covid you must have antibodies....natural immunity.

Why the need for a shot? The shot is supposed to increase herd immunity.

I read somewhere having had COVID and the vaccine combined may give you greater protection against the variants.  Plus the vaccine gives you a greater amount of antibodies than you would normally would from COVID.  @Mikedoes this sound right?

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, GeoffT said:

I read somewhere having had COVID and the vaccine combined may give you greater protection against the variants.  Plus the vaccine gives you a greater amount of antibodies than you would normally would from COVID.  @Mikedoes this sound right?

I haven't heard the combined part. The mRNA vaccines produce much higher levels of protective antibodies than a natural infection does by 100 to 10000 times, depending on the person. In general, there is no evidence that variants get past the mRNA vaccines. Not sure about Astra Zeneca or JnJ vaccines 

Edited by Mike
Effing aggressive spellchecker

9 hours ago, GeoffT said:

From what i read the explanation simplified was the antibodies produced by the vaccine take over for the natural antibodies and push them out of the way becoming the dominant defense....this reduces the bodies natural immunity and can supposedly cause other issues later on for other natural immunities for other virus's.   If its true, the theory makes it sound like the bodies natural defense to the common cold could even be compromised.

Had CoVid last year, had J and J a little over 3 weeks ago.  Still recovering from the muscle and joint inflammation.  Finally feeling better last 2 days.  The vaccine kind of sucks.

10 hours ago, GeoffT said:

Yep, and I read somewhere on the internet it grows vaginas on males. It must be be true! It was on a forum. 

55 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

From what i read the explanation simplified was the antibodies produced by the vaccine take over for the natural antibodies and push them out of the way becoming the dominant defense....this reduces the bodies natural immunity and can supposedly cause other issues later on for other natural immunities for other virus's.   If its true, the theory makes it sound like the bodies natural defense to the common cold could even be compromised.

And we are all going to die eventually???. That's horrible news!. My kidscatch every nasty bug man has ever invented. The get the sniffles, throw a temp, and take a dump in the morning. My body reacts like Im going to die. It's awful. I'm stuffed up and my sinus swells and  and I'm a poosie for a week.

Had the Pfizer , 1st. shot nothing , 2nd. shot headache and was tired and slept for 6 hours then nothing 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, gellfex said:

Mild reaction to 1st shot, 2nd knocked me on my ass for 24 hrs, after that was fine. Just do it and put it behind you. It's nice not to think about it seriously anymore, just do masks as theater and not get freaked when someone gets in your face.

Just put it behind you, until it's time for the booster next year?

And the next booster the year after?

Then another booster in 2024? And 25? Then 26?