tper

Had covid - how's the second vaccine shot?

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

I had covid - was bad but did not have fever or aches and pains - headache and fogg was it ---  After first shot I was crushed with all symtoms but I never lost taste or smell

Second shot is next week and I am not looking forward to this __it again -- Has anyone had back reactions to the first shot?     Monderna 

Input appreciated

15 mins ago, tper said:

I had covid - was bad but did not have fever or aches and pains - headache and fogg was it ---  After first shot I was crushed with all symtoms but I never lost taste or smell

Second shot is next week and I am not looking forward to this __it again -- Has anyone had back reactions to the first shot?     Monderna 

Input appreciated

Mild reaction to 1st shot, 2nd knocked me on my ass for 24 hrs, after that was fine. Just do it and put it behind you. It's nice not to think about it seriously anymore, just do masks as theater and not get freaked when someone gets in your face.

You had covid, the first shot is supposed to kick your ass, your body was ready to fight it :th: Between having covid and your first Moderna shot, you gotta be better protected than the vast majority of people. I don't know how the second shot is for folks that had covid...but there's a lotta people here who've had covid and both shots - I'm gonna edit the title of your thread and see if some of them will share their experience :)

TimS

I probably had covid, and the second shot gave me a headache and chills and body aches for a day, but then I was fine.

So all the folks that I have close contact with that DID NOT have Covid say that their first Moderna or Phisor shot was a sore arm and the second shot gave them a day off from work with tired flu like symptoms.  Seems if you are elderly the second shot is not as much of a big deal and most of them skate through with minor side effects.

For the folks I know who had Covid - the first shot was what gave them the day off and the second shot was more of a non-issue.

For myself - I got a strange allergic type reaction 7 days after the first shot.  Hives, itchy, red blotches.  Woke me up and was a real mess.  Went to an allergist for the first time in my life and got onto Prednizone and Zyrtec.  Calmed it down.  The Prednizone is a taper so when I got to the last few pills some of the hives came back but not the itchiness.

I found a recent set of news articles that cite a study published in the Dermatitis Journal.  It says that about 0.8% of folks get exactly what I described about 7 days after the shot.  Antihistamines calm it down and nobody goes into allergic anafalactic shock over this.   About 40% of those who got the rash report a second occurence after the second shot.  The rest are fine.

I got my second shot yesterday evening and so far so good.  Most of the rash is gone and I have not had a flu day today. 

My buddy had the Chinese plague.  Second shot of Pfizer gave him flu like symptoms and a 102 fever for a day.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was exposed around the time I got my first shot (Pfizer) and got COVID.  Five days of fever and chills, loss of taste and smell.  No appetite which made me lose 15 pounds.

I had just recovered fully from COVID by the time I got my 2nd shot 18 days after the first.  No reaction except a slight a headache that only lasted a few hours plus a soreness at the injection site.

Edited by GeoffT

Wife and I had covid. She was a little wiped out after the first shot... the second was a breeze.

I'm going for my second this afternoon, will report back tomorrow if I'm still alive.

8 hours ago, tper said:

Input appreciated

I felt like I was hungover the morning after both. 

Well planning work from home day next Wed -- of course I will do it came this far but that feeling again will suck....  Must fish now 

Tper

I had it and think I will wait a while before I get vaccinated.  I heard some Harvard doctor advise it’s not necessary if you have already had covid.

Got the second shot about 4:30 yesterday. Definitely more wiped than I was with the first one, and have a dull headache today, but so far not dead yet.

Had the Bat crabs. Haven't gotten the first shot and at this point I don't give a **** if I ever do. Either make it what I want and easy or bugger off ..

Never got covid, first moderna shot,sore arm, second shot had the chills and couldn't sleep too much that night, next day felt like a bad hangover all day, sleep good that night and felt great the next morning.