SiLewis

VS & VSX spool compatibility

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a couple of older VS reels, and the VSX series equivalents. I was always under the impression that the spools from the VS series weren’t compatible with the VSX series. They look the same though, and seem to fit. Does anyone know if the spools changed when the X series was launched, and whether I can use my older VS spools on the X series ?

The VS & VSX spools will work on either reels, the only thing that wont interchange is the drag knob the treads are different.

l made the part that you change in the knob and now you can use the new up graded knob on the old VS100/150 reels l don't have a VS200/250 reel so right now l cant make the part for those reels.

Edited by LB

12 hours ago, LB said:

The VS & VSX spools will work on either reels, the only thing that wont interchange is the drag knob the treads are different.

So the spool design didn’t change ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, SiLewis said:

So the spool design didn’t change ?

That is right, except for the washer on the top of the drag stack that the drag knob pushes down on, it has small indents that the spring load pin in the new drag knob will kind of lock into, you will feel it as it jumps from indent to indent.

Edited by LB