NATIONAL HOAGIE DAY TOMORROW

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:
Italiano Hoagie image

Italian Hoagie at lennies.

Imported ham, Genoa salami, capicola and provolone cheese. Dressed with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil, and seasoning.

$8.50

notice the menu says hoagie

been there a few times. i had family living in Roxborough at one time.     the Burke family.

Be sure to ask for extra bologna

23 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Be sure to ask for extra bologna

True story: Lennie's in Roxborough won't do mayo on an Italian hoagie -- it's oil (and vinegar) only. The guy who owns the place is a Nazi about this - he just won't do it. 

A guy I used to work with asked me about it, I told him that Lennie's is great - but that "ya gotta get the Italian with mayo. They might give you a hard time about it, but that's just part of the code -- if you tell them that you really want mayo, then they know you're an insider, and they'll make you the best hoagie you'll ever beat your gums against."

A week or two later, he went to Lennie's, told the guy behind the counter he wanted an Italian hoagie with extra mayo -- and the owner threw him out! Right onto Ridge Avenue! The guy was hungry, and had to go to McDonald's! 

Man, am I an sweetheart! :laugh:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

11 hours ago, Belmo said:

You Neanderthals would love Lennie's. Love them! They make a fantastic hoagie, one of the best in the city, and they loathe the PC brigade! 

Get one of the Eye-talian hoagies - they our all good. With a side of Covid mac and cheese. :th:

People are insane. **** china, and the CHY NA virus.

8 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

I’m waiting for national sub day.

Don't open the window.

7 hours ago, mark77 said:

50 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Yer all wrong!

It's called a Grinder.     :p

A grinder is a hoagie toasted in the pizza oven.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

The original 'Hogy' was made by enterprising eyetalian chicks to sell to the day workers on Hog island and they bare little resemblance to today's Hoagie . But it's a Hoagie, even for the poor ****s in the rest of the nation without any cultural background to speak of...

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."