Quoting Members & "Taking the Bait"

Rate this topic

Shipwreck

I wonder if there was software that could accomplish not seeing your ignored users quotes if he would deploy it?  Maybe it is a bit pricey?  We could do a go fund me or plug auction to pay for it, lol.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

On 5/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, Shipwreck said:

I am in fact failing spectacularly by all measures.

yes, i have noted that

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Just now, flyangler said:

yes, i have noted that

Its ok.  We both have.

I am not going to stop trying.  amirite?

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

21 hours ago, chumfish said:

FLASH! This is a forum, and website, that is already vastly over represented by right wingers. :wave: 

What became of the Outhouse, which was set up so that lefties could go there and play in their own sandbox and do so with less rulez than in the PG? There you can call a PG idiot and idiot without being flared. Yes, the lefties and gadflies don't congregate there because congregating with only the like-minded is boring and does not offer the opportunities for snark, spreading disinformation and otherwise derailing threads you don't agree with. 

Face it, masochists don't hand out with other masochists sitting around waiting for someone to strike first, or at all. Nope, they seek out sadists who are looking for victims so that they can both be happy. That's a symbiotic relationship and some lefties seem to need the PG to have relevance in their twisted worldview. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

6 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Its ok.  We both have.

I am not going to stop trying.  amirite?

i am doing my best to follow Spidey's advice

Don t feed the trolls Memes

- Victor Davis Hanson 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Shipwreck said:

@TimS

Gonna need a call here.

Maybe its just me, maybe not.  I am growing weary of people telling other members in the PG to stop quoting people they ignored.  Or telling people to stop 'feeding the troll'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel I am using the platform in the way intended.  I dont have an issue with people who ignore members.  But I didnt ignore them.  I am not here to ignore or to not engage.  That's precisely why I am here. 

Again correct me if I am wrong, but other members really dont have the right to tell me to stop quoting people or to stop responding to certain members.

I wish they would stop it.  Like I said I dont mind that they want to ignore people.  I dont get why you come to a discussion board and start trying to shut down discussion, but its none of my bidness.

Is there a ruling on this?  Am I nuts?  I am using SOL PG as intended?  

If you really want to use this forum to its fullest, just report the threads that bother you. See, TimS has thought of everything. :)

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

19 mins ago, flyangler said:

What became of the Outhouse, which was set up so that lefties could go there and play in their own sandbox and do so with less rulez than in the PG? 

this is what I meant about certain people repeating what they know is a lie,

The history of the Gulag turned (enter current name here) was explained to him numerous times,

but it won't stop him from lying about it.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Often times it doesn't matter what is true, but what folks believe to be true.

See Russia  Russia  Russia  for an example. 

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

It's an odd ask.

Perhaps this shift from face to face interactions is becoming more 'in real life' for some people.

it's weird,

IMHO there are people on both sides of the aisle to who do their best to ensure rational conversation doesn't happen,

that's why so much hyperbole is injected into the OP of a thread.

it's there to drive a wedge that would not otherwise be there between the left and the right.

also,

there is a strong correlation between those who post "an armed society is a polite society" and hiding behind a keyboard posting vile crap about someone you will never look in the eye.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

1 min ago, dena said:

Often times it doesn't matter what is true, but what folks believe to be true.

See Russia  Russia  Russia  for an example. 

"Russia Russia Russia" is the magic phrase the MAGA crowd believes makes the Team Trump ties to Russian operatives vanish.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15