Shipwreck

Quoting Members & "Taking the Bait"

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, J said:

Hey, can we get a list of the most ignored members? 

I'd hate to think I don't make the top 10. 

That’s funny.

5 hours ago, J said:

Hey, can we get a list of the most ignored members? 

I'd hate to think I don't make the top 10. 

It’s not that I ignore certain members as much as l don’t want to waste any time on them.  To quote Mother Goose “You can put lipstick on a Troll but he’s still a Troll.

3 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

that's the awesome thing about you right wingers here,

no matter how often a lie is debunked, you will keep repeating it.

Says the biggest liar here. That is comedy gold. 

Deutsche Bank / Oligarchs / Trump. 

Russia!  Lol. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

people who post differing opinions are deemed disruptors.

maybe Tim should start a right wing politics forum for people who want to live in a bubble and not be confronted with an opinion that differs from their own.

Maybe Tim should start a ****ing crybaby forum for ****ing Lefties on this site that never do anything other than ****ing cry about how poorly they're treated.

If people don't like here, then they should feel free to **** off and go have hurt feelings and cry somewhere else.

****ing babies.

Edited by JoeyZac

10 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

@TimS

Gonna need a call here.

Maybe its just me, maybe not.  I am growing weary of people telling other members in the PG to stop quoting people they ignored.  Or telling people to stop 'feeding the troll'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel I am using the platform in the way intended.  I dont have an issue with people who ignore members.  But I didnt ignore them.  I am not here to ignore or to not engage.  That's precisely why I am here. 

Again correct me if I am wrong, but other members really dont have the right to tell me to stop quoting people or to stop responding to certain members.

I wish they would stop it.  Like I said I dont mind that they want to ignore people.  I dont get why you come to a discussion board and start trying to shut down discussion, but its none of my bidness.

Is there a ruling on this?  Am I nuts?  I am using SOL PG as intended?  

Nice TROLL

E6ED83D1-F77A-4DBE-8B43-37BC0BEBA97A.jpeg

I've had a well known poster PM me and ask that I not respond or quote a certain member.

Kinda like the big guy in grade school telling you, in private, who to hang/talk with.

While I am not happy with the political direction of our country, I always want to get a feel

for how the other half thinks.

There's a bunch of tough guys and pu$$y's on the internet.

If you don't like what they have to say don't read it.

Caveman EZ.

14 hours ago, Too Close said:

I've had a well known poster PM me and ask that I not respond or quote a certain member.

Happened to me too, long time ago.  So strange.

14 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Maybe Tim should start a ****ing crybaby forum for ****ing Lefties on this site that never do anything other than ****ing cry about how poorly they're treated.

If people don't like here, then they should feel free to **** off and go have hurt feelings and cry somewhere else.

****ing babies.

Nailed it.     :D

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Shipwreck said:

@TimS

Gonna need a call here.

Maybe its just me, maybe not.  I am growing weary of people telling other members in the PG to stop quoting people they ignored.  Or telling people to stop 'feeding the troll'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel I am using the platform in the way intended.  I dont have an issue with people who ignore members.  But I didnt ignore them.  I am not here to ignore or to not engage.  That's precisely why I am here. 

Again correct me if I am wrong, but other members really dont have the right to tell me to stop quoting people or to stop responding to certain members.

I wish they would stop it.  Like I said I dont mind that they want to ignore people.  I dont get why you come to a discussion board and start trying to shut down discussion, but its none of my bidness.

Is there a ruling on this?  Am I nuts?  I am using SOL PG as intended?  

Really agree with you here.  I have a number of people on ignore but it is mostly because, over the years, I GOT IN TROUBLE arguing with them.  But nobody should be telling you who to talk to and who not to talk to.  I've recommended some people who really get mad at someone to put them on ignore.  But I've never told anyone who to talk to and who not to talk to.  Kind of UnAmerican.

Edited by Knight771

It's an odd ask.

Perhaps this shift from face to face interactions is becoming more 'in real life' for some people.

1 min ago, Knight771 said:

Really agree with you here.  I have a number of people on ignore but it is mostly because, over the years, I GOT IN TROUBE arguing with them.  But nobody should be telling you who to talk to and who not to talk to.  I've recommended some people who really get mad at someone to put them on ignore.  But I've never told anyone who to talk to and who not to talk to.  Kind of UnAmerican.

Well, the site owner has suggested just such a course of action to marginalize a certain poster.

Just now, Gotcow? said:

Well, the site owner has suggested just such a course of action to marginalize a certain poster.

TimS is just shifting his responsibility to us. If a poster is continually disruptive, he has never been shy with the ban hammer. He has the tools, not us, to have a smooth running site.

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I believe what  he's suggested is to report off topic derailment posts, rather than respond to them.