Shipwreck

Quoting Members & "Taking the Bait"

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

@TimS

Gonna need a call here.

Maybe its just me, maybe not.  I am growing weary of people telling other members in the PG to stop quoting people they ignored.  Or telling people to stop 'feeding the troll'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel I am using the platform in the way intended.  I dont have an issue with people who ignore members.  But I didnt ignore them.  I am not here to ignore or to not engage.  That's precisely why I am here. 

Again correct me if I am wrong, but other members really dont have the right to tell me to stop quoting people or to stop responding to certain members.

I wish they would stop it.  Like I said I dont mind that they want to ignore people.  I dont get why you come to a discussion board and start trying to shut down discussion, but its none of my bidness.

Is there a ruling on this?  Am I nuts?  I am using SOL PG as intended?  

Edited by Shipwreck

6 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

I wish they would stop it.  Like I said I dont mind that they want to ignore people.  I dont get why you come to a discussion board and start trying to shut down discussion, but its none of my bidness.

Ask yourself this question.

Are some here trying to shut down discussion or are they trying to enable a discussion by asking to ignore those that constantly seek to shut down discussion with their incessant trolling, derailing, insulting of other posters and general off topic BS?

TimS has requested that we ignore the disruptors of the forum as a way to minimize or disable them.

That said, I don't disagree with your premise.

You need to stop quoting someone you want to make a direct point with, because I don't want to see their words and have them on my ignore list, on a public forum?

Good god, at what point does one simply turn in their man card, crawl into a corner, curl up into a fetal ball, and just die.

How ****ing weak minded and mentally broken does one need to be that they can't bear to see the words of someone on their ignore list?

Hell, how mentally fragile does one need to be that they even need to rely on an ignore list?

Hey, can we get a list of the most ignored members? 

I'd hate to think I don't make the top 10. 

4 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

You need to stop quoting someone you want to make a direct point with, because I don't want to see their words and have them on my ignore list, on a public forum?

Good god, at what point does one simply turn in their man card, crawl into a corner, curl up into a fetal ball, and just die.

How ****ing weak minded and mentally broken does one need to be that they can't bear to see the words of someone on their ignore list?

Hell, how mentally fragile does one need to be that they even need to rely on an ignore list?

You forgot to include "just **** them and **** the UN".

carry on.

Posted (edited) · Report post

:laugh: 

Edit: that was for gotcow

Edited by J

11 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Ask yourself this question.

Are some here trying to shut down discussion or are they trying to enable a discussion by asking to ignore those that constantly seek to shut down discussion with their incessant trolling, derailing, insulting of other posters and general off topic BS?

I have no idea what other's motivations are.  Its none of my business.  But its my business if I want to engage those people trying to do the above mentioned.  Maybe its my way of enabling discussion by shutting down or pointing out :bucktooth:.  

2 mins ago, J said:

Hey, can we get a list of the most ignored members? 

I'd hate to think I don't make the top 10. 

You don't even get honorable mention.    :p

Just now, Gotcow? said:

You forgot to include "just **** them and **** the UN".

carry on.

That's generally reserved for when I'm typing with a smile on my face.

People who can't bear to see the occasional quote of someone who've they put on their ignore list though, yeah, that just disgusts me.  There's no smile on my face when I'm questioning their mental fragility.

1 min ago, Shipwreck said:

I have no idea what other's motivations are.  Its none of my business.  But its my business if I want to engage those people trying to do the above mentioned.  Maybe its my way of enabling discussion by shutting down or pointing out :bucktooth:.  

If that is your intent, it is not working judging by the lack of impact. 

2 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

You could ignore those that suggest otherwise.    :idea: