MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

47 mins ago, MC55 said:

Wind shift from yesterdays ENE has settled the surf down but the same result, nothing happening.  Had one little guy grab the paddle tail as it was coming out of the water, other wise all quiet.  Guess I will do a little more chopper hunting since the stripes still haven't made a move yet. 

That water temp just seems to be sitting at the low end this year out front. 

Out front, MoCo, from 6:15 to 8:15 am. A bit chilly this morning with a brisk W wind and clear water, with some wave action. Out going tide. First stop netted one rat, but much bigger than the micros that have been around. Second beach resulted in one micro. As @DeeMonee  stated I did approach him, warily, thinking he was trying to slip a micro bass into his waders. I now realize he was probably reaching for the shiv that he referenced  in his post. I did notify him that fish caught using your left hand for casting don't count! Hopefully he'll adjust his cast to conform with the Committee's rules.

58 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

That water temp just seems to be sitting at the low end this year out front. 

A tad over 47 degrees this morning, right about where it's been for some time. These cool nights and west winds don't help.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some good fishin late afternoon. Blues from 5lb to 15lbs. Wanted anything that was swimming. Felt so bad, i killed one. thought i revived him but i didnt. he was floating about 5 yrds in front of me. snagged him and found a taker who was happy to bring him home. Probably the best week of fishing in a few years. 

Edited by joefishnj21

57 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Some good fishin late afternoon. Blues from 5lb to 15lbs. Wanted anything that was swimming. Felt so bad, i killed one. thought i revived him but i didnt. he was floating about 5 yrds in front of me. snagged him and found a taker who was happy. Probably the best week of fishing in a few years. 

I had one choke an SP the other day.  It really sucks when that happens but it’s part of the game unfortunately.  Crabs need to eat too I guess 

3 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I had one choke an SP the other day.  It really sucks when that happens but it’s part of the game unfortunately.  Crabs need to eat too I guess 

A fresh bluefish head does wonders for tomato plants 

3 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

A fresh bluefish head does wonders for tomato plants 

That’s what i need this weekend for my tomatoes plants, hope i can find them. 

10 hours ago, pricise10 said:

That’s what i need this weekend for my tomatoes plants, hope i can find them. 

Yes...unless a raccoon digs it out...stinky and and not fun. 
I have raised beds and can’t get get it too deep in my rocky soil

Out this morning... another beautiful morning- nice and clear looking water... very fishy looking 

after reading one of @MC55 posts- I got thinking about the chompers so I decided to go on the gator hunt this morning, usually not my thing but the beach hasn’t been producing much... but forgot how enjoyable it is! No fish tho lol only a big ol seal swimming around - at first I saw swirls in the water and got excited but was only the seal lol still beautiful and a good time. 

Disappointing morning. Nice light N wind, beginning of outgoing, nice clean and clear water. Flat ocean and little surf. Explored a bit further north MoCo and walked a stretch. Nice to see the bugs are abundant and getting big. We just need the fish to show up. Had a couple of taps and swings and misses but couldn’t keep the skunk away. As I was walking off I saw some decent splashes within casting distance. Turned around and started throwing metal and jigs. I just reached them but no takers. I’ve been bringing the light stick so it was a challenge to whip it out there. I’m assuming they were blues but I’ll never know. Wind turns E later so hopefully it’ll bring in more fish and better surf.

8 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

What not to do to a fish that has to go back....OMG.

breaded.1.jpg

Panco coated

9 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

What not to do to a fish that has to go back....OMG.

breaded.1.jpg

saw this on social yesterday too, so many things wrong here...sucks...i'll never understand the need to bring a fish out of the wash, let alone off wet sand. keep em wet - it's really easy to do. 

Scouted out back in OcCo this morning searching for bluefish.  :skunk: for me but there were definitely big blues in there.  I had bunch of big swirls chasing my popper but didn't commit.  A nearby boater caught a gator.  No other action that I could see. Water was 57°, clean and clear