MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

Found a blue crab molt in the reeds on a walk yesterday - for those who care about such things. 

Went outfront in moco just after midnight this morning for a couple hours to catch the outgoing tide.....thats all I caught

Started out with a north wind that switched to west.  Big surf with plenty of whitewater.  No cabbage and it looked really good (imho) but didn't get any taps.  It was still cool to be out and see how high up the beach the tide got.

Thank you to all who are or have served our country on this memorial day!

7 hours ago, Oso said:

Gave it hell last night. Fish were caught. Water coming over the jetty an hour into the flood. Only got worse as the tide increased. Something about being on those rocks in the middle of an a$$ kicking from Mother Nature makes you feel so alive. Blessed to see another day. Back at it this afternoon to see if I can repeat the process

With your fly rod im sure

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

With your fly rod im sure

Nah. Geared up last night. Took the fly rod out this afternoon, really dirty water, pretty crappy sweep. Time for a burger 

1 hour ago, jerseystriper said:

Fish in the back- NE wind pushed cold water in. 

Yep:wave:..got into excellent topwater bluefish bite on kayak.. But could have had them wading too.  Bass corralled bunker along shore at dusk. 

Out front in lower OC from 5-6:30.  Water was clean and surf has laid down.  Sacrificed 2 paddle tails to bluefish.  Put on a Z man and caught 2.  Those z man really hold up well to the blues.  Another fisherman next to me fluking but only saw him reel in a blue also.  

Gave it a go this AM. Pre-sunrise 1 1/2hr MoCo. End of outgoing to dead low. No life, flat ocean, light W wind, little surf, clean but stained water. Surprised not to see any life for the majority of the outing. Finally saw an osprey find some breakfast way out. Ended up with 2 cocktails. Had a double up but the yellowed eyed devil took my teaser. 

On 5/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, nam1969 said:

With the advent of summer flounder season, @blind squirl , the Fluke Whisperer, will be emerging from his self imposed exile and put to rest all discussion on techniques for nailing the flatties! 

Bob, today was my first fluke trip of the year. I still got it. 

9BA45F43-C1E9-4218-9242-715719EC31C4.jpeg

14 hours ago, JimK said:

Yep:wave:..got into excellent topwater bluefish bite on kayak.. But could have had them wading too.  Bass corralled bunker along shore at dusk. 

Same here with the topwater fun this morning but somewhere much further south 

56 mins ago, blind squirl said:

Bob, today was my first fluke trip of the year. I still got it. 

9BA45F43-C1E9-4218-9242-715719EC31C4.jpeg

The Squirl lives! All is good with humanity.