MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

58 mins ago, Goldy said:

Im actually enjoying watching our tax dollars get washed away.  (Beach replenishment).  

What they will tell you is that it's successful by keeping the damage away from the boardwalks and homes. Only way to keep it successful is to continue replenishment.

Sort of a report, but not mine.

my buddy was out last night in a River and smashed the bass. Woke up this morning to pics of some nice fish. My lazy but was home sleeping. Gonna hit it tonight. I hate report chasing but.........

2 hours ago, nam1969 said:

What they will tell you is that it's successful by keeping the damage away from the boardwalks and homes. Only way to keep it successful is to continue replenishment.

100% I hate seeing it wash away. All that means is there will be a barge parked off a beach near me just in time for fall. 

6 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

Yea, took my son to and from Manasquan last night- when he first asked a few days ago to be the uber driver i was thinking i could fish from 10 to 2am while he enjoyed himself with college buddies- this storm shut that down- whole cottege area was just about passable and kids walking around the flooding on the roads did not help. If it been a full moon more then a few cars would be flooded. 

Hopefully the 20 somethings get it out of their system quick, given my past I am empathetic & patient but had one trying to get into my house at 2:30am Friday night, and had this stumble bunny standing on my steps last night at 1:30am in the rain until he fell back them face first into the dune

FB18E877-B48D-4759-9854-A9E0EEA534C1.png

15 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

Classic- terrible night to be face down in a dune but I somehow survived my late teens early 20's. Twas packed down there. 

He bounced up quick and moved along:) I see many amazing things on the cameras in the summer As long as no one gets hurt, no property gets damaged & they are respectful I am a live and let live & hope they have a great time - I sure did when I was their age

3 hours ago, suntzu said:

Hopefully the 20 somethings get it out of their system quick, given my past I am empathetic & patient but had one trying to get into my house at 2:30am Friday night, and had this stumble bunny standing on my steps last night at 1:30am in the rain until he fell back them face first into the dune

FB18E877-B48D-4759-9854-A9E0EEA534C1.png

The lines i saw at osprey and the crowds at djais lets me believe the jersey shore is back. 

19 hours ago, nam1969 said:

That's the party line, started replenishment in 1995, didn't do much with Sandy in 2012.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Got out for maybe only the third or fourth time this spring this morning. I've been working 6 days a week, long days since the beginning of April. Finally felt rested up enough this morning after two days off to give it a go. I didn't expect it to be very fishable out front after the last couple of days weather, I was pleasantly surprised find the conditions very fishable. Water was slightly stained, but nowhere near coffee. Actually was stained to what I believe is perfection for fishing. Too bad the fish didn't get the memo. Felt good to be out. Hope work slows down soon. The work-life balance thing is way out of whack for me right now

Edited by JimK

Gave it hell last night. Fish were caught. Water coming over the jetty an hour into the flood. Only got worse as the tide increased. Something about being on those rocks in the middle of an a$$ kicking from Mother Nature makes you feel so alive. Blessed to see another day. Back at it this afternoon to see if I can repeat the process