MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

What a mess Bennies in town learned about tides and east winds last night & cars. Those that didn’t will in a couple of hours. Will take a couple of days for this to clear up - still blowing good from the NE 

2523DBE9-0175-4EF0-AD29-88F880B63E13.jpeg

How many ounces to hold bottom?

:eek:

Posted (edited) · Report post

27 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Let's remember what this weekend is really about. The freedoms we enjoy, the ability to fish when and where we want (within the limits designated by regulations and the wives approvals), and the latitude to express our opinions were all paid for by men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice. A small minority of Americans insure these God given rights by serving in our armed forces and signing a blank check up to laying down their lives. I have had the honor and privilege of knowing and serving with some of these comrades. On Monday I will attend a ceremony to remember them. I recently lost my Sgt. from my #3 gun (artillery) who was hit with chemical bullets in Vietnam and finally succumbed to the cancer produced by his exposure. You won't see his name on the Wall in Washington, but he is a casualty of that war. So was my driver who earlier died of the same ravaging illness. I think of childhood friends and those I trained with who paid the ultimate price. I remember Lynda Vandevanter, a close friend who attended to wounded GIs in field hospitals in Nam, another casualty of chemical bullets. I see the face of Donnie Brower as he left for the Marine Corps, waving to me, neither of us realizing he would never return from the war. 

From the inception of this Republic men and women have given their lives for it's preservation. On Monday, take a moment to remember them in your prayers. If you can, go to a monument in your local community and lay a flower or leave a note thanking them. Enjoy the day fishing or being with family, but take the opportunity to tell those you are with what the day truly represents. Instruct you children and grandchildren so that they will understand that our freedoms have a price. 

On March 24, 1970, Capt. Michael O'Donnell's helicopter was shot down in Vietnam and he was killed. Sometime before he had gone on that mission he wrote a poem addressing it to his comrades who were serving in Vietnam. It was meant to honor those who died in combat, not knowing he would be one of them. It is poignant and moving:

If you are able, save them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always.

Take what they left and what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in a time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Thanks for sharing and for your own service (thankfully not the ultimate sacrifice although I’m sure it came with many others) thanks for the gentle reminder of the meaning of the weekend. 

FWIW - we will be attempting to observe a moment of silence on Monday afternoon to teach the kids about the day. 

Edited by EricDice
Moment of silence

Posted (edited) · Report post

Memorial Day should be every day ......In these troubled we often forget those who kept us free ,and the sacrifice made to keep freedom a symbol of America .....                                I was fishing out Back central moco previous to rain on Friday ,water was clear and every once in a while some blues would come thru for some fun ...the flags were standing straight out and it was whipping ...looked like I took casting lessons ....yellow seemed to be the color....either lures or tin with yellow tails....good fun

Edited by Surf bomber

2 hours ago, Stripeteaze said:

What's funny is I've seen other report sites where no one believes you without a picture...go figure.

Wouldn't a "selfie" with the fish in hand be a happy medium?

Also any time I've caught and released a fish with a picture it took a few seconds not a few minutes...

What's really funny are these report threads all together.  And the big deals you all make over some short bass.  

I get a huge kick out of it.  Keep up the good work.  

:point:

amen about our first responders and service men and woman and veterans.  Thinking about heading to the beach. Everytime i fish when the weather is like this I do great and I literally catch them on the beach.  Getting stir crazy in the house. 

2 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Let's remember what this weekend is really about. The freedoms we enjoy, the ability to fish when and where we want (within the limits designated by regulations and the wives approvals), and the latitude to express our opinions were all paid for by men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice. A small minority of Americans insure these God given rights by serving in our armed forces and signing a blank check up to laying down their lives. I have had the honor and privilege of knowing and serving with some of these comrades. On Monday I will attend a ceremony to remember them. I recently lost my Sgt. from my #3 gun (artillery) who was hit with chemical bullets in Vietnam and finally succumbed to the cancer produced by his exposure. You won't see his name on the Wall in Washington, but he is a casualty of that war. So was my driver who earlier died of the same ravaging illness. I think of childhood friends and those I trained with who paid the ultimate price. I remember Lynda Vandevanter, a close friend who attended to wounded GIs in field hospitals in Nam, another casualty of chemical bullets. I see the face of Donnie Brower as he left for the Marine Corps, waving to me, neither of us realizing he would never return from the war. 

From the inception of this Republic men and women have given their lives for it's preservation. On Monday, take a moment to remember them in your prayers. If you can, go to a monument in your local community and lay a flower or leave a note thanking them. Enjoy the day fishing or being with family, but take the opportunity to tell those you are with what the day truly represents. Instruct you children and grandchildren so that they will understand that our freedoms have a price. 

On March 24, 1970, Capt. Michael O'Donnell's helicopter was shot down in Vietnam and he was killed. Sometime before he had gone on that mission he wrote a poem addressing it to his comrades who were serving in Vietnam. It was meant to honor those who died in combat, not knowing he would be one of them. It is poignant and moving:

If you are able, save them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Take what they left and what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in a time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Well said Bob, well said.

4 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Thank you for the reflection Sir! I always enjoy your anecdotes and wise advice. 

2 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

What's really funny are these report threads all together.  And the big deals you all make over some short bass.  

I get a huge kick out of it.  Keep up the good work.  

:point:

Hater!!:dismay:

Anybody got a RB water quality report? Driving by yesterday later in the afternoon and there were white caps... how bad is the damage? Not heading that way today

16 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

Anybody got a RB water quality report? Driving by yesterday later in the afternoon and there were white caps... how bad is the damage? Not heading that way today

I just got back from fishing the turn a little. Its nasty out. White capped.  Pouring