MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Said it's you miscreants up north who keep all the illegal fish too, not down here lol.

... go figure 

MoCo high tide (looked incoming still) out back. Bunch of guys around no action anywhere. Oh well got to break in the new set up at least.

Quiet night for me. Hooked into a few cocktails but was slow picking. Hoping the weather shakes things up a bit. I like fishing in the rain, less crowds and annoying people around. Moco out back. 

Just came in nice night called it early as I have to get up early; might be the last night out front for a few days - my hands need a break to heal up a bit If it is not too bad early tomorrow will test the kingfish rumor as my nephews will need something to target Monday

Moco, out front last night from 10:30pm to midnight. Northwest wind high tide to outgoing.  Good conditions with plenty of whitewater and no cabbage.  Big full moon in a clear sky which made it pretty light out.  

Very slow fishing. Picked up one short on an sp minnow right at the lip.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Ok @MC55, it's crunch time for us. All the animal sacrifices haven't placated Jobu. I'm thinking sweat lodge time. Might as well purify the spirit. Worked for the Native Americans. We'll need willow branches, a couple of tarps, and a fire pit with some rocks. Let me know what you can contribute and I'll get right on it. I thought of sacrificing a couple of your swimmers on the fire, but realized the toxic smoke might be counterproductive.

Bob, You have to sacrifice something you actually care about and that's not toxic.... Throw a spent Calico Crab, or a slice of Tomato Pie from Vic's on the fire.

Edited by yarddog59
mispel

2 hours ago, yarddog59 said:

Bob, You have to sacrifice something you actually care about and that's not toxic.... Throw a spent Calico Crab, or a slice of Tomato Pie from Vic's on the fire.

HERESY! Waste a slice of Vic's pie to try and placate Jobu! No way. I'd rather go fishless for a month! 

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I don't really see anyone fishing Saturday. 35 knot winds from the NE, rain, and 50 degrees. Is this November or MDW?

I am pretty sure tomorrow is going to be the first day I don’t fish since March 

Slept in this morning and didn't get to the beach till 8:00. Immediately ran into @MC55 who was either doing a ritual dance to the fish Gods or ducking a building surf! Steady NE wind, which stiffened significantly while I was there. Great looking white water. Should have been fish all over, given the ideal conditions, but not a touch for me. A little cabbage, but more of an occasional nuisance than a game changer. Called it a morning at 9:30, right at the top of the tide. Thought about staying a little longer, but have neglected house chores to tend to. Given the forecast, don't know how much I'll be fishing this weekend.

The NE wind was building all morning out there.  At sun up it was a nice breeze but by the time I headed home it was feeling like 10 to 15mph.  Beautiful water that warmed a bit with the wind.  The osprey were feeding on the bunker just off the beach all morning.  Did manage to find one using a brown over white swimmer and even had on pickup with the bugs but was dropped before the hook could set.  May try getting out later today and we still may have one more shot in the morning with the wind forecast right around 20mph at low tide.  Took a picture of the monster I landed this morning using the DeeMonee school of photography method.

DSCF3430.JPG

From 6pm to 8:30pm Thursday evening fished NoMoCo out front. The S winds have made the water chilly, not crystal clear but water was clean. As usual no bait, even bunker are missing lately. Third cast a solid hit and I'm on then off....should have left then because nothing from there on. Be safe beaches should be void of crowds if weather report is correct. Monday SH opens for business until Labor Day.