MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

One last thing never saw boat traffic like that in almost 60 years on the water. Where in the world are all these people getting the kaching to buy these expensive boats. Thought I was in a jaws movie. Avoided the crowds found fish in holes along the intercoastal 

Yeah

real quiet 

saw the Sea Streak go by headed south at a high speed... that’s  a first

usually go from trh Highlands to Manhattan 

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, JimK said:

Sheesh.. All i did was answer his question:howdy:.. Anywho.. I'm happy that things are going so well for so many people that they can afford their nice toys.  God Bless America!

Edited by JimK

With all technology on boats fish don’t stand much of a chance. That goes for both commercial and rec Feel sorry for next generation of fisherman in terms of the fisheries

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

New normal? 

boats_crowded.jpg

Where is that and when was the pic taken?

Edited by On The Rocks

3 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

In my defense I dropped medicine ball on toe back in February. Funky black nail working it’s way out. What you get for not paying attention when somebody walks by

See, that's what happens when you exercise!

4 hours ago, MarkG said:

Yeah

real quiet 

saw the Sea Streak go by headed south at a high speed... that’s  a first

usually go from trh Highlands to Manhattan 

saw one going south last weekend too.  I think they're built at some ship yard in Tuckerton and go there periodically for service or repair.

Good start on the season for the flatties. 3 keeps up to 23" from the yak in MoCo.. 

Edited by KrocFoot

Decided to take off yesterday after seeing the surf forecast and didn’t want to deal with the folks out back. Anyway, SoMoCo this AM after sunrise 1hr. Great conditions and nice and cool. Moderate NE to a steady E wind by the end of the outing. Juicy surf conditions with a little weed and some rubbish. Water warmer from Sat. One fluke hit and that’s it. Ended up running into a local fly guy and mostly spent the time catching up.

As I was driving home, I got the Gator call...damn work just gets in the way. 

14 hours ago, ctd450 said:

saw one going south last weekend too.  I think they're built at some ship yard in Tuckerton and go there periodically for service or repair.

Theyre doing whale watching tours to try and get some kind of revenue with commuter trafffic way down. 

1 min ago, bbfish said:

Theyre doing whale watching tours to try and get some kind of revenue with commuter trafffic way down. 

makes sense.  perfect use for fast boats that can carry lots of people.