MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

NMOCO

6:00 AM

big surf

no signs of life

snagged a rope mess that took 20 mins to bring in with assistance to save a $8 Kastmaster(!)

trying out new sling style lure bag...like it

and new hip boots(mistake in big surf) but like ‘em

Yesterday a small school of bunker in close with something on them but by the time I ran back to get tackle they moved 2.5 casts off.....but a good sign

From kayak 3 keepers 6 total all nice fish two 20’s and an 18. All on 3/4 buck tail with glow gulp. Usually do better with live and cut bait early but only seemed to want the glow. The Real South Jersey.

Gave one to a fishless buddy not the fishless himself.

4ED4C881-D601-43F8-B488-EB4CFD6571E4.jpeg

One last thing never saw boat traffic like that in almost 60 years on the water. Where in the world are all these people getting the kaching to buy these expensive boats. Thought I was in a jaws movie. Avoided the crowds found fish in holes along the intercoastal 

Quite out in OC this morning as well. Fished 4:30-7:00. Lots of dolphins and a huge whale just past the waves. Birds diving as well. Not a thing in the surf.  No one else out fishing for as far as I could see in either direction. Strange year this spring. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Potato Caboose said:

One last thing never saw boat traffic like that in almost 60 years on the water. Where in the world are all these people getting the kaching to buy these expensive boats. Thought I was in a jaws movie. Avoided the crowds found fish in holes along the intercoastal 

Edited by DaveC
Keep the politics to the political forums.

48 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

From kayak 3 keepers 6 total all nice fish two 20’s and an 18. All on 3/4 buck tail with glow gulp. Usually do better with live and cut bait early but only seemed to want the glow. The Real South Jersey.

Nice job on the fluke, but lose the foot in the next photo. Don't want to scare the kids!

29 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

Bumper Boats, all the rage in a new water sport! Will be followed by Line Cutting contests!

Did a drive by a couple of hours ago. Nice white water on a retreating tide. That tropical storm off Bermuda is finally moving NE and wave action should start to decease. Hope to get out late afternoon. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

45 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

sure didn’t take long for political posts to ruin the vibe

The one that was edited almost immediately after it was posted? You seem sensitive :) 

*But nice fluke :th: 

Edited by TimS

Out back again last night.  Fished 2nd half of the outgoing.  Quiet for 3 hours, then 3 bass on three casts.  Largest mid 20” range. Then dead again.  Small bomber for all three fish. 

Slow day out back in south jersey. Three of us on a boat, I had what appeared to be a 18-19" fluke but net man straight up knocked the fish off. That was the only bite all day too. Talked to a handful of people, not alot being reported on the flat daddy front.

3 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

Nice fish, but you badly need a pedicure. Some of yer toes are growing green stuff. 

In my defense I dropped medicine ball on toe back in February. Funky black nail working it’s way out. What you get for not paying attention when somebody walks by