MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

629 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Nothing worse than having a jig or lure bit off...

They beat me the other day and i committed to not losing anymore.. They were going after the TA clip and it pissed me off

How's the water and weeds looking along RB the last day or so? Thanks in advance. 

8 mins ago, adoboboy said:

How's the water and weeds looking along RB the last day or so? Thanks in advance. 

For you muddy, very muddy,  for others, not so bad

17 mins ago, Goldy said:

Is this cheating?

50762B6F-8DB9-4FA0-99D2-B6BA5397F0EF.jpeg

It might be..Nam would know I'll defer to him. I use 50lb mono leader. Extra long. Havent gotten bit off using that yet in 2+ yrs. No terminal tackle either. The long 50lb mono is very good for areas where theres rocks and your hands will thank you when leadering.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yest to avoid crowds, jumped on boat. Gators in bay, than chased schoolie/slot bass for hours. A blast. Almost fall like. That class of fish has suddenly poured into the bay. I hope it's a sign of things to come. Best case scenario, when the gator bite eventually dissipates, they get replaced by those bass and they stick around near shore. They are plentiful. Finicky, but plentiful.

Edited by joefishnj21

Real bassy looking water this morning with that light ENE wind, just couldn't find any fish enjoying the suds.  Started at a spot that has had lots of blues and people around but those that were there looking for a repeat of the last couple of days left disappointed.  Moved a bit to the south but still came up empty.  Had one swimmer sliced up and that was it.  Headed for home and will get back out again in the morning.

Was out like others looking for a stripe bite out front knowing what conditions was out there. Found one little guy(really little) south from where I met with @MC55. Was a pleasure to meet you Mike and my son was saying on the ride home that the guy that gave him the famous MC55 lure looks like he catches a lot of stripers. That made my day and thank you for that. 

Curtis.

20210505_084033.jpg

17 mins ago, pricise10 said:

Never fails ! 

75E2BAB2-BC15-4E6B-8307-CBA6B54873C1.jpeg

Now that's a guaranteed trip to the ER!  It's also fish abuse and will be duly reported to PETA. You can expect protesters outside your home by this evening!  

4 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Now that's a guaranteed trip to the ER!  It's also fish abuse and will be duly reported to PETA. You can expect protesters outside your home by this evening!  

I’ll throw that lure to the protestors too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, adoboboy said:

Water was very clean where I was yesterday morning, so clean I could see bottom in 4-5 feet of water as I was heading back to launch.  Some salad but not bad.   

Edited by GeoffT