MC55

May 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

150 posts in this topic

Quiet weekend. Stayed away from the Sat. crowds. Late reports:

Sunday, MoCo mid morning, end of incoming, 30 min, moderate WSW wind, nice clear water. Jersey tarpon are in as well. Nothing else. 

OC yesterday evening at 2 spots. End of outgoing, light N wind, super clean and clear water, little to moderate surf and white water. Skunk and rain.

Over slept this AM. 

5 hours ago, MC55 said:

That's possible.  If I had the second rod on my back, that was me.  Went back out late afternoon and the circus was still in town, but not too many fish being pulled in.  Stayed away from the crowd looking for strays and only had one wack but not to the hook.  Grandpa duty for me today, back out tomorrow.

Your grandpa duty sounds similar to my diaper duty. With all your fishing experience I imagine your patience is supreme. I see  worlds best grandpa t-shirts in your future.

This afternoon out front on incoming. One gator on my 3rd cast. He swam away happily. Nothing after. Water was clear. 

chopp~2.jpg

Edited by Jcb3030

NoMoCo 6:00-7:30 out front. Skunk. Lots of random trash washed up on the stretch I covered. Osprey’s having a field day on some bunker a few hundred yards out.

Been a grind the past few outings but did run into a seal the other night. Literally emerged from the wash in front me and hung out for a minute before heading back in.  

69B8A62B-76B9-4349-9A69-C309EC452B05.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jcb3030 said:

This afternoon out front on incoming. One gator on my 3rd cast. He swam away happily. Nothing after. Water was clear. 

chopp~2.jpg

Why release it?  Already came pre-coated with Italian bread crumbs!

Decided to go for the evening bite MoCo, middle of outgoing, SSW wind, clear water and moderate amount of white water. The inlet looked dead and crowded, so I stayed on the sand. Rat fest started. Got 20-24 little ones. Friend  also got 1 cocktail.

Edited by DeeMonee

8 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Decided to go for the evening bite MoCo, middle of outgoing, SSW wind, clear water and moderate amount of white water. The inlet looked dead and crowded, so I stayed on the sand. Rat fest started. Got 20-24 little ones. Friend  also got 1 cocktail.

I ran away from the crowd too. 
Those bass are so small they aren’t rats they are mice. 

Eeeeels

Yea, I traveled over county lines the other day chasing reports, only to find crowds which I dont enjoy. Moved away from them and was rewarded with micro bass/ shad fest. Still finding decent Bass outback in the dark though.

Shorter outing this AM. SoMoCo 45 min at sunrise, middle of outgoing, light N wind. Great looking water and surf. Plenty of suds and clear water. Turned out to have a moderate amount of weed. Tolerable but got nada. I’ll take rats/mice over skunks. Weather supposed to get spicy later. We’ll see.

3 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Nothing worse than having a jig or lure bit off...

You're not using big enough lures if you get bit off. Let them work for it.

Edited by Fly By Nite