Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belmo

Woman Jumps from Maryland Bridge

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

And saved a baby infant. She jumped right off the Route 90 causeway bridge going into OC, MD, and scooped that baby up. Saved the baby's life and all. 

But screw that part of the story, because what really caught my eye in the story was the name of the body of water into which the hero broad jumped: it's Assawoman Bay!  ASSAWOMAN BAY! 

How come nobody ever told me about that fantastic estuary? And is Sugar Tits Sound nearby? 

19 mins ago, Belmo said:

And saved a baby infant. She jumped right off the Route 90 causeway bridge going into OC, MD, and scooped that baby up. Saved the baby's life and all. 

But screw that part of the story, because what really caught my eye in the story was the name of the body of water into which the hero broad jumped: it's Assawoman Bay!  ASSAWOMAN BAY! 

How come nobody ever told me about that fantastic estuary? And is Sugar Tits Sound nearby? 

No sugar tits sound, but we do have Apes Hole just outside Crisfield MD.

Pics of the accident at OC...

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

6 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

Homosassa Florida for the win.

tenor (95).gif

A buddy spends his winters there and does good with nice snook.  But he always looks over his shoulder before he bends to unhook one.

33 mins ago, JAL said:

No sugar tits sound, but we do have Apes Hole just outside Crisfield MD.

Pics of the accident at OC...

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Driving around with those jacks attached to the car was just asking for trouble :wag: 

Assawoman Bay, or as my children were instructed to say, Beepawoman Bay, is a well known Flounder(Fluke) fishery in these parts.

The bridge is a death trap, especially the weekends. It is straight, wide open, with little to no barrier. Head ons are not unheard of. Some folks consider it a drag strip leaving town.

Not a safe stretch of highway.

6 mins ago, Belmo said:

Is it a suicide rap? 

And do you have to get out while you're young? 

Not a suicide trap, it is only a few feet from the water, less than 20. Plus the water is only a few feet deep, except for the center channel, and a few secret holes. If you jumped off, you could wade to shore for 85% of the bridge.

The bridge is a death trap due to auto accidents. I know of plenty of horrific wrecks on that bridge. People party in town, and return home to the mainland trashed, and cause issues a few times a year.

I don't know specifics on this one, but this bridge is dangerous because of people not being able to drive in a straight line, and stay in their lane.