SimpleJack

Shimano Saragosa 2020

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Because of this thread, I just went to check my 6K SWA.  No issues with the handle...  nice and tight.  However, as mentioned above, I do have an audible tick at both at the top and bottom of the oscillation.  Doesn’t really bother me though, as I had the same tick on my Slammer III 4500.

39 mins ago, Water Dog said:

Because of this thread, I just went to check my 6K SWA.  No issues with the handle...  nice and tight.  However, as mentioned above, I do have an audible tick at both at the top and bottom of the oscillation.  Doesn’t really bother me though, as I had the same tick on my Slammer III 4500.

Interesting, I don't have that audible tick at the top and bottom of the oscillation stroke, maybe its the oscillation gear guide shifting in the main shaft? Shimano uses a small rubber o-ring to distort that noise and not bind up the oscillation gear guide. People have used grease on the main shaft spot where that guide moves through I believe.

Edited by SimpleJack

50 mins ago, SimpleJack said:

Interesting, I don't have that audible tick at the top and bottom of the oscillation stroke, maybe its the oscillation gear guide shifting in the main shaft? Shimano uses a small rubber o-ring to distort that noise and not bind up the oscillation gear guide. People have used grease on the main shaft spot where that guide moves through I believe.

When I was researching my problem I came across a few threads about the ticking. Ticking is common in many reels and they advise against trying to chase it down with shims. 

2 hours ago, SimpleJack said:

I have this in Gosa. I took it apart and greased it. The clicking is gone but now it have a more viscous feel when cranking so you lose that super light spinning action. Not a big deal for me but may bother others. For what it’s worth, the clicking was much worse on the Slammers I used to own