The Riddler

Restaurant Pricing Lately

Rate this topic

151 posts in this topic

Holy crap. Even my regular breakfast joint which was 12 bucks plus tip for one is now 24 bucks without tip. I had Chinese Food with the lady over the weekend and it was 110 bucks plus tip, same items , same place last year was a typical 60 bucks. 

Anyone else seeing this? 

Wife and I had a gift card for $75 to a little italian joint.  It's normally around that price.  

We ended up spending the gift card and an additional $75 on top of it.  :shock:  

1 min ago, cleatis said:

We went to marina grill in belmar this weekend.  Had two jalapeño margaritas and a head high.  $34 plus tip.  We couldn’t afford to eat.

$14 dollar cocktails and a $6 beer are pre pandemic pricing :wag: 

But I hear ya.

It all started with toilet paper/supply and demand craze. Even if the missing in action workers go back to work after extra weekly bonuses stop, prices will probably never roll back much. So we need to adjust our priorities on large purchases or projects. Ex. Gas station at 4 way intersection $2.97-3.15 . 1 mile either way its $2.69- $2.74   Hit home depot this morning, lumber way up, Paints no big change along with other items.  Also notice prices on fishing tackle coming down and more readily available

Yup.....took my best girl out to dinner...we had a 100.00 gift card from Christmas and still wound up payin an additional 70.00...entree, main course and 1 drink....then the tip.....also had to subject myself to a temp. check at the door.....really.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

we have noticed bumps in pricing but not double. seems they are trying to make up lost money. our chinese restaurant we go to and the take out chineses food place has not increased.

the 3 local diners and 2 Italian restaurants  we go to have.

the one diner that has good lobster bisque which they always serve, has now a $3 charge for it or you can have the other soup or salad that comes with the meal.all 3 diners now have a charge for mac and cheese as a side.all 3 diners have cut down there menu offerings .

now with this all being said, we receive emails every day from at least 1 vendor with price increase 

Edited by coolhandfluke

Last night I didn't feel like cooking. Ordered a chicken cheese steak and a regular cheese steak from a place around the corner. The total was $27.00, and I am not talking big sandwiches either. These places can charge what ever they want to, but when customers do not see the worth for their money the shops can expect to see a drop in their demand.

4 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

we have noticed bumps in pricing but not double. seems they are trying to make up lost money. our chinese restaurant we go to and the take out chineses food place has not increased.

the 3 local diners and 2 Italian restaurants  we go to have.

the one diner that has good lobster bisque which they always serve, has now a $3 charge for it or you can have the other soup or salad that comes with the meal.all 3 diners now have a charge for mac and cheese as a side.all 3 diners have cut down there menu offerings .

now with this all being said, we receive emails every day from at least 1 vendor with price increase 

Damn, dude. You are seriously about lunch. 

4 mins ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Last night I didn't feel like cooking. Ordered a chicken cheese steak and a regular cheese steak from a place around the corner. The total was $27.00, and I am not talking big sandwiches either. These places can charge what ever they want to, but when customers do not see the worth for their money the shops can expect to see a drop in their demand.

wow. my son and i split a gaetanos mr g cheeses steak yesterday that is 20 inch long and loaded for 20.00

Edited by coolhandfluke