Mr. Bigdeal

It's Spring.....and you know what that means.

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Been dealing with a big bear for the past week. Last Thursday he came through the open gate into my enclosed porch, tore up a 50# bag of sunflower seeds and generally made a mess of things.  Next night I stayed up late, 11:10 pm he comes walking across the yard, up on the patio, I yelled until my throat hurt, didn't phase him, got the 45 cracked one over his head.  He ran about 40 yards and sat down, I cracked two more and he ambled into the woods.  I think he has been through this before.  I'd guess 400 pounds, Beautiful bear, perfect coat.  No problems the last 4 nights, hope I scared him, but I doubt it.

Need to put a door on the enclosed porch this summer.  

1 min ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

food source..........he'll be back.

I cleaned everything up, no more food.  I usually do that as soon as the snow melts, I got lazy this year.

Put out the garbage tonight, I cover the can with ammonia, has worked so far.  

9 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

Been dealing with a big bear for the past week. Last Thursday he came through the open gate into my enclosed porch, tore up a 50# bag of sunflower seeds and generally made a mess of things.  Next night I stayed up late, 11:10 pm he comes walking across the yard, up on the patio, I yelled until my throat hurt, didn't phase him, got the 45 cracked one over his head.  He ran about 40 yards and sat down, I cracked two more and he ambled into the woods.  I think he has been through this before.  I'd guess 400 pounds, Beautiful bear, perfect coat.  No problems the last 4 nights, hope I scared him, but I doubt it.

Need to put a door on the enclosed porch this summer.  

Get some rubber slugs or bean bag rounds. If a couple of those in the keister don't send it packing nothing will. 

I got mine from Midway USA. 

After quite a few hunts and bears taken since '72...yeah most will head south but then there's that one who's the "Guy Who Runs The Place".....not standing down any bear with rubber anything or at worst bean bags...NOPE.

13 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Get some rubber slugs or bean bag rounds. If a couple of those in the keister don't send it packing nothing will. 

I got mine from Midway USA. 

Thanks, better than my idea, I was thinking paintball gun.  I'm going to order some of the rubber slugs, just to have some on hand. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

After quite a few hunts and bears taken since '72...yeah most will head south but then there's that one who's the "Guy Who Runs The Place".....not standing down any bear with rubber anything or at worst bean bags...NOPE.

I'd be shooting from inside the house,  45-70 for back up.

'Tragic': Durango, Colorado, woman killed in apparent bear attack after taking her dogs for a walk

John Bacon, USA TODAY

Mon, May 3, 2021, 9:07 AM·2 min

2 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

I'd be shooting from inside the house,  45-70 for back up.

Exactly.  

I keep my shotgun mag loaded minus one shell, empty chamber & hammer down.  When I grab it, depending on the situation, I can load what ever round I want first. Buck, Bird, Slug or Rubber.  

Mind you. My mag is still loaded. I like Buck. So that's what it is.  If I lived somewhere with Browns, I'd probably have Brenneke Slugs. But I don't. 

What a bunch of wimps you guys are, they're only harmless black bears. This is how I handled a griz that was trying to take my fishing spot.:point:

200.gif

3 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

What a bunch of wimps you guys are, they're only harmless black bears. This is how I handled a griz that was trying to take my fishing spot.:point:

200.gif

If you only knew....:sarc:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Springtime can be dangerous for both man and beast. :eek:

I think Red misunderstands what the shock gobble is...

RedTurkey.gif

Edited by MitchellNJ

20 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Exactly.  

I keep my shotgun mag loaded minus one shell, empty chamber & hammer down.  When I grab it, depending on the situation, I can load what ever round I want first. Buck, Bird, Slug or Rubber.  

Mind you. My mag is still loaded. I like Buck. So that's what it is.  If I lived somewhere with Browns, I'd probably have Brenneke Slugs. But I don't. 

Midway is sold out of most LTL ammo, but I got a box of Lightfield  medium range, 700 fps.  I honestly never looked at LTL before, it's more impressive than expected.  I have a Tac  12 ga with a light and lazar, should work out well.  Thanks again.