IslandSurf

Needlefish ID

13 posts in this topic

Could possibly be an early Danny Pichney, or someone copying his shape.  I’ve only seen wire thru Danny needles.   Whoever made it built it beefy for landing large bass.  Photo attached of a Danny needle.  Where did you pick them up?

3C3E3632-7554-4AB5-85FF-93A4300986EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, DZ said:

Could possibly be an early Danny Pichney, or someone copying his shape.  I’ve only seen wire thru Danny needles.   Whoever made it built it beefy for landing large bass.  Photo attached of a Danny needle.  Where did you pick them up?

3C3E3632-7554-4AB5-85FF-93A4300986EA.jpeg

I don't think they're Danny's although anything is possible.  I saw dozens of his first? ones that varied in most every way imaginable except for the weighting system and the fact that all the larger ones had 3 hooks 

50 mins ago, SC said:

I don't think they're Danny's although anything is possible.  I saw dozens of his first? ones that varied in most every way imaginable except for the weighting system and the fact that all the larger ones had 3 hooks 

You would know.  I didn’t have much exposure to Danny’s needles.  Then most likely  a basement build.  

1 hour ago, Justfishin said:

Maybe repainted earlier George Carlzon?

Mike - did Carlezon make different shapes?  I have one Carlezon but it’s more of a Super Strike Wadd shape. 

I am not certain, but thought that his original Needles were more similar to Danny's in shape. Looking at the two in question more closely, they are a bit crude and more likely garage builders.