FEW3

Wow, those sandwich folks

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

I took a ride to the  Sandwich boardwalk and  Town Neck Beach the other day.  I never saw so many of those Fireball nips in my life!  People  must buy them by the case, and  go there to drink them.  As my mom would  say "when it comes to drinking,  the smaller the bottle, the bigger the  problem. " :beers:

I think I've seen nip bottles sold in plastic sleeves, so it's easier to buy like 6 at a time. 

Very good saying about the bottles, I'll have to remember that one. 

15 mins ago, johnysmoke said:

I think I've seen nip bottles sold in plastic sleeves, so it's easier to buy like 6 at a time. 

Very good saying about the bottles, I'll have to remember that one. 

Yup you can get Fireball nips in a 10 pack. It’s usually right at the register. Then they have a bucket of them too that’s like 20 nips or something. I think you could go to any parking lot, fishing spot or side of any road in Massachusetts and find an empty Fireball nip on the ground. It’s ridiculous how many slobs are out there. 

4 hours ago, z-man said:

Yup you can get Fireball nips in a 10 pack. It’s usually right at the register. Then they have a bucket of them too that’s like 20 nips or something. I think you could go to any parking lot, fishing spot or side of any road in Massachusetts and find an empty Fireball nip on the ground. It’s ridiculous how many slobs are out there. 

They're cheaper in singles.?

The " water bottle " carp is stupid environmentally for the Cape. Clear water bottles are the most desired recyclables.  They are " first step " polymers. All " colored" containers are 6-7 tier recyclables. China doesn't want them so they are burnt and dumped in fills like the Bourne dump.

The same thing with water bottles. Every reusable water bottle has a huge carbon footprint. Every time somebody cleans their tritan ( nalgene) bottle out it pushes poop into cesspits  and septic fields.

7 hours ago, FEW3 said:

They're cheaper in singles.?

The " water bottle " carp is stupid environmentally for the Cape. Clear water bottles are the most desired recyclables.  They are " first step " polymers. All " colored" containers are 6-7 tier recyclables. China doesn't want them so they are burnt and dumped in fills like the Bourne dump.

A law is passed banning them and everybody gets a warm and fuzzy feeling, the effect is minimal..............  What about single use plastic bags or single use food and beverage containers????

I should also throw out this idea for discussion, with all of these new venture starting up, how about a good old fashined massage parlor, must be a building available on Main St. in Sandwich for Mama Hung Low's rub and tug...............

Just a thought...........

7 hours ago, FEW3 said:

The same thing with water bottles. Every reusable water bottle has a huge carbon footprint. Every time somebody cleans their tritan ( nalgene) bottle out it pushes poop into cesspits  and septic fields.

Do you have any facts or data to support this??

The Town of Bourne in there town meeting held also has passed, not allowing single use water bottles to be sold on town property . This is the first step in not allowing single use water plastic bottles from being sold in the town at all.  Dennis will be also voting on this as well This ban has been adopted by 13 of the 15 towns here on the cape . Then the petitioner places another citizens petition to stop all selling of single use plastic water bottles here that was also approved . I suspect that the single use plastic alcoholic  bottles will become next to find it self being voted on . Peace and Prayers

7 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

The Town of Bourne in there town meeting held also has passed, not allowing single use water bottles to be sold on town property . This is the first step in not allowing single use water plastic bottles from being sold in the town at all.  Dennis will be also voting on this as well This ban has been adopted by 13 of the 15 towns here on the cape . Then the petitioner places another citizens petition to stop all selling of single use plastic water bottles here that was also approved . I suspect that the single use plastic alcoholic  bottles will become next to find it self being voted on . Peace and Prayers

Then DD cups

11 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Then DD cups

I do not think that will happen as they just passed not allowing any foam cups from being used and paper is the only thing left other then china . Peace and Prayers

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, b-ware said:

A law is passed banning them and everybody gets a warm and fuzzy feeling, the effect is minimal..............  What about single use plastic bags or single use food and beverage containers????

I'm all for this law if it eliminates Dunkin Donuts iced coffee containers that we see wedged into rocks.

Kidding aside, yep, what you say also allows some people to feel like they are actually doing their part to help the environment without much effort.  I'll bet many of those who are in favor are the same groups who buy a diet coke to go along with their single use beverage containers for their weekly lunch meetup.

They buy plastic party red cups for cookouts for the summer along with plastic utensils.  And i'm sure all that leftover food gets donated to homeless shelters and not tossed into the gar-bage.  But whatever makes you feel better...

Edited by danny_a

15 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Joe we have an group of local environmentalist that have formulated a new way of stopping the plastic pollution, here on the cape and have advocated to eliminate single plastic containers for water usage and we were the last holdouts of the towns they targeted to make this a law . They bring what they want through what is called a citizen petition before town meeting and get voted on up or down . This is the third try here in Sandwich and it past the way it was written .   This will open the door part way for a complete ban against single use containers going forward . Who knows how long it will take, but it will happen if I was a betting one way or another  Peace and Prayers  

Carl, I must give you Sandwich folks a lot of credit for holding out as long as you did.    :th: